“time with grandma” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Reading
Leeds, United Kingdom
“time with grandma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

myself and my grandson aged 8 stayed here overnight it was his first time in a hotel and we where on our way to lego land our room was clean and very nice the food was lovely as was all the staff it was nice to be able to go for a swim which was also a clean and very well present area the food was very good and hot and plenty of options i would say all in all it was a good stay the only thing i would add would mybe a games room for the children as where the hotel is placed there nothing for them to do after dinner all though my grandson watched a couple of good films and enjoyed a pizza as part of room service and a speciel treat it would have been nice to go down for a drink and have somewhere for him to play after all the children will become your future customers !!!! but dont worry he wants to stay again so from myself and my grandson well done reading south x

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review on your recent stay.

We were very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Newcastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

i found a used soap in bath from previous guests and people smoking from bedroom windows in to garden areas .....it was only £49 for the night though!!

Have stayed at the holiday inn in maidenhead previously, which was a lot nicer than this.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your stay with us.

I was very disappointed to learn of your experiences, and I would very much like to be able to speak with you personally. Please send your contact details to reading@ihg.com.

Thank you again for highlighting these issues, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I found the hotel easily, parking a plenty. Staff from check-in to restaurant were very good. The room was an executive double and had everything for the business traveller. Free wi-fi would have been nice but there were several reasonably priced options. The restaurant menu was good. Breakfast for me is always toast and fruit, this was easy too, and the coffee was particularly good.
If visiting Reading or the area by car, I would recommend this as a good value choice. The town centre is a couple of miles away, but the hotel is close to Junction 11 on the M4, so the location is perfect for driving.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor with room numbers in the 200s.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

It was great to read that you found our hotel to be in a good location, and that you were pleased with our staff and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business and it was ok, not great not bad just ok. Check in was quick and the staff were very polite. Room was ok, bathroom was small and the shower didn't have any pressure when I used it. Nearly forgot the room from reception was a long way. There is a strange set up with a hotel bar and a pub attached to the hotel. Little things are the difference between great, good and the average hotels, a pint was 60p more expensive in the hotel bar or you can walk 20 feet to the pub and get it cheaper. I am sure the beer comes from the same pumps. Anyway the food I had in the pub was basic bar food bit over priced but nice. Breakfast was good if a little disorganised when trying to get seated. My biggest issue was being charged for wifi £10 for 4 hours, a company as big as holiday inn should give it for free to guests, I don't have an issue with getting a code or something from reception but I know small b&b's who give it away. For my £10 my "super fast" broadband was slow. I would stay here again as it is ideal location for my work and is fine for a few nights but if it was my own money I would be looking around

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay, and for highlighting areas that require attention.

I am the new General Manager at the hotel, and your feedback is very valuable. I can assure you that I will be looking into the issues you have raised. I would also be grateful if you could send your contact details to reading@ihg.com, as I would very much like to be able to discuss your experiences with you further.

Regarding WIFI, I am pleased to advise you that IHG Properties will be offering free internet in all hotels to all loyalty programme members (IHG Rewards Club). This will start from July 2013 for Elite members and extended to all members during 2014.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Ryde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Holiday Inn is always a good place to stay, this was a great deal for the weekend. Breakfast was great and a lot to chose from, you could also eat till 11 pm at the bar. Not far from Reading town centre and lots of car parking, however it was a little expensive. Staff were helpful, however I did not want to pay for the wiifii, this is free in other hotels. Room was great and were able to sleep in the room as dark enough, lovely need to save up again for another weekend away.
Wish I had brought my bikini as they had a pool and gym.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. As the General Manager of the hotel, I was very pleased to read of your experiences, and your comments about our helpful staff.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back on some future occasion.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here during Easter Break. The Hotel is very similar to a travel Lodge, basis accomodation but does have a small gym and pool. It is build in a liner manner (2 storey) and therefore it can be a trek to your room.
The room itself is very basic indeed, perhaps it offers deals for people staying all week?
I found it grossly over priced for the comfort level provided. The Holiday Inn over at Winnesh triangle knowck spots off this one.
Basically give it a Miss unless your desparate!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I was sorry to read your comments, and I would be very grateful if you could send your contact details to reading@ihg.com, as I would very much like to be able to discuss your experiences with you further.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Aberdeen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Have stayed here a few times and this will be the last. Every time I'm here there is a different issue. This time I'm in a room that had no heating and single glazing. Oh, did I mention that the windows don't close properly?

Went to have a shower and there's two options, very hot and very cold. No thermostat on this one then.

Just glad that I haven't paid for this one myself but will be taking this off the list for work I'm afraid.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to read of your experiences, and I would be most grateful if you could contact me on 0118 987 0491 so that I can ensure these issues have been resolved.

Thank you again for highlighting these matters, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Ind

Been to Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11? Share your experiences!