“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 32 hotels in Reading
Ryde, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Holiday Inn is always a good place to stay, this was a great deal for the weekend. Breakfast was great and a lot to chose from, you could also eat till 11 pm at the bar. Not far from Reading town centre and lots of car parking, however it was a little expensive. Staff were helpful, however I did not want to pay for the wiifii, this is free in other hotels. Room was great and were able to sleep in the room as dark enough, lovely need to save up again for another weekend away.
Wish I had brought my bikini as they had a pool and gym.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. As the General Manager of the hotel, I was very pleased to read of your experiences, and your comments about our helpful staff.

Regarding WIFI, I am pleased to advise you that IHG Properties will be offering free internet in all hotels to all loyalty programme members (IHG Rewards Club). This will start from July 2013 for Elite members and extended to all members during 2014.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back on some future occasion.

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here during Easter Break. The Hotel is very similar to a travel Lodge, basis accomodation but does have a small gym and pool. It is build in a liner manner (2 storey) and therefore it can be a trek to your room.
The room itself is very basic indeed, perhaps it offers deals for people staying all week?
I found it grossly over priced for the comfort level provided. The Holiday Inn over at Winnesh triangle knowck spots off this one.
Basically give it a Miss unless your desparate!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I was sorry to read your comments, and I would be very grateful if you could send your contact details to reading@ihg.com, as I would very much like to be able to discuss your experiences with you further.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Aberdeen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Have stayed here a few times and this will be the last. Every time I'm here there is a different issue. This time I'm in a room that had no heating and single glazing. Oh, did I mention that the windows don't close properly?

Went to have a shower and there's two options, very hot and very cold. No thermostat on this one then.

Just glad that I haven't paid for this one myself but will be taking this off the list for work I'm afraid.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to read of your experiences, and I would be most grateful if you could contact me on 0118 987 0491 so that I can ensure these issues have been resolved.

Thank you again for highlighting these matters, and I look forward to hearing from you.

chigwell essex uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had chose this hotel to be near the Madjeski Stadium for the Reading Half Marathon this year. Perfect location. Only took us 10-15mins to get to it. A straight forward walk. I pre-booked late check out with extra time on top and this was granted. We arrived the day before and only just managed to park in a space to the side of the hotel. There is plenty of parking at the rear of the hotel which is just aswell because it was open to everyone who was attending the Half Marathon the next day. I'm so glad we decided to stay the night before. To wake up only having to worry about breakfast and nerves was bliss. We was booked in for 7pm dinner and unfortunately our name wasn't down but this was no problem and we was promptly found a table. Food was ok, nothing special. Breakfast at 7.30am was very busy and the food was much better. Not so dry and piping hot with plenty to chose from. A great size room with little free touches added. Water, mars bar, robe (only one of each which was bizzare considering the room was booked for two adults, lots of cosmetic bits in the bathroom. A large comfortable bed and a good night sleep. The only gripe was that on returning to our room after a long wet cold run we found we was locked out of our room but this was sorted promptly. My only advice would be if you are thinking of staying in the month of March please check first to see when the Half Marathon is on, the hotel was rammed with all of us runners returning and if I was not having anything to do with that I would have been a bit put off.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experiences with us.

As the General Manager of the hotel, I was pleased to hear your positive feedback regarding the staff and service that you encountered.

I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding areas that you feel could be improved. You have my personal assurance that your comments have been passed onto the appropriate departments for corrective action.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and being of service to you again.

Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Genuinely impressed with everything about the hotel. I stayed one night before participating in the Reading Half Marathon. the location was perfect (less than a mile from the start), the staff were friendly, the food was excellent, the late check out really helped as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read of your experiences, and we very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during a four day training course attended at Green Park. The hotel was a little out of the City centre of Reading but found that the hotel to be very clean, offered great bar service, excellent breakfast and free parking too. The location of the Hotel to the M4 Motorway, Green Park and the Reading Majetski Stadium couldn't be any better. The staff were all very friendly and offered great assistance when I asked for any advise. The price of the hotel was also very reasonable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

I was most pleased to read your feedback on our great service, and our friendly and helpful team. I have shared your review with everyone with thanks.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Malvern, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the holiday inn the night before the Reading Half Marathon as i was running in the race the following morning. The check in was quick and friendly. the room was spacious - massive bed. all good facilities. Unfortunately I was on the ground floor and there was a lot of noise from the room above mine late into the night - but that wasn't the hotel's fault.
i got a really good deal on the cost of my hotel room and feel it was worth every penny. Breakfast was good - varied and great service. really a very good experience all round.

Room Tip: go for a high floor!