Stayed here for a few nights on business, first of all I will review the area, its in an area called Whitley Wood, not the greatest of places after a quick google of Whitley Wood problems, but when we arrived we were greeted with the site of gypsies/travellers, call them what you will, camped outside on the verge, who in the evening, lit a bonfire, drank alcohol and generally got noisier as the evening progressd.
One evening, we were sat in the bar (10th Oct) when one of the gypsie teenagers came in with her daughter I assume, in a witches outfit and started begging "we is going to Turkey tomorrow mister so she will miss Halloween, got any treats or money" we just laughed and then the manager came along and asked them to leave.
So that then prompted us to all drive in our own cars each day to the office, as we had concerns that our cars would still be there, or in one piece when we returned.
The hotel food was not great, the cooked breakfast was insipid, and evening food was over-priced for what you received (prawn balti in a small bowl and about 5 prawns in it)
The rooms were dated, they have in the majority 2 single beds which are the narrowest single beds ive ever seen.
I cannot really think of any redeeming features of this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Reading - South m4, Jct.11 Hotel Reading
- Holiday Inn Reading - South m4, Jct.11 Hotel
- Holiday Inn Reading
- Reading Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11 provides the perfect base for your stay in Reading, whether you are visiting the Reading Festival, taking your children to Legoland, or visiting the nearby Business Parks. Click here to book you Legoland Break including Accommodation, Breakfast & 2 day passes to the Park for up to 2 adults & 2 children. The Hotel is situated just half a mile from M4 Junction 11 and 2 miles from the centre of Reading. We have 202 fully air-conditioned bedrooms with High-speed Internet access, iron & boards, complimentary car parking and children stay and eat for free*. We are located only minutes away from Readings major business parks, Reading International Business Park, Green Park and Thames Valley Park. We are walking distance from the Madejski Stadium home to football team Reading FC and the London Irish Rugby Club. Nearby facilities include Legoland, Windsor Castle, Thorpe Park, Ascot & Newbury Race Courses and the Oracle Shopping Centre. Holiday Inn Reading South provides extensive leisure facilities in our Spirit Health Club with indoor pool, gym, sauna, solarium. * = Terms & Conditions Apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.