“Modern” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Reading
London, United Kingdom
“Modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We use this Hotel frequently for off site meetings, It has a Costa Coffee in the lounge area. The reception is large and very comfortable and the bar food is good. One small criticism would be the price, it is really rather expensive, more like Central London prices than little old Reading.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Intcopiers.

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments.

In terms of the pricing, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.

We are pleased that your visits are pleasant and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We were really excited to stay at the Hilton Reading. The hotel, room, facilities etc were everything you would expect from a Hilton. Whilst I would not expect the hotel to be completely silent at the weekend I was surprised at the volume of music audible in our room (158). We could clearly make out songs, words and the bass line until 1am when the music stopped and we were able to go to bed. Upon check out I was actively asked about our stay and when I informed the receptionist I was dismissed and told that I should have telephoned reception. Why ask people's opinion if you're not interested? Unfortunately we would not choose to stay here again which is a real shame.

• Stayed April 2014
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Andreasmith

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments.

In terms of the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. I am sincerely sorry to read that your sleep was disrupted by an event at the hotel, and I do hope that you reconsider visiting us, so that we can show you that we can do much better.

Seaford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Me and my gf went there for a spa break. Hotel is beautiful and modern. Little disappointed as the pool and sauna was being serviced however everything else was perfect. We are looking to visit next month.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear JimmyJame

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review on trip advisor.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to welcoming you back in the coming months.

Should you need anything, please feel free to contact me on the email address below.

Aimee Louise
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The reason why one would stay in this hotel is because its close to the Reading football ground or, much more likely, one has the pleasure of staying on business in Reading. The Hilton is a typical business 4*, somewhere outside Reading along the carriageway, close to the highway, with complementary parking, without special character but modern, new clean and with a very good hotel restaurant and a nice bar lounge area, exactly what one will need when staying in a place like Reading. I'd never come here on a holiday but for business its perfectly right.

One problem to be fixed: the rooms are ICE cold - I stayed in two rooms and the heating just wouldn't get the temperature up - first I thought my aircon was broken - I complained, they fixed it right away. When I stayed in another room the same problem occurred and once again I froze at night ... Definitely something to get sorted hence for now: sleep quality: poor - sorry.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear HeikoHeiko

Thank you for your review on Hilton Reading.

Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read.

With regards to your comments relating to room temperature, I have sent your comments onto my Maintenance Manager for review, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for taking the time to offer great feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.

With Kind regards

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Hotel lovely, clean & fresh
Swimming pool out of action!!
Free wi-fi only in barK area (this day & age it should be free all over) charges were extortoniate for the room wi-fi)
Food in Larder restaurant - average, I have paid less and had better food elsewhere
the only down side is the town centre is quite a hike so a taxi is necessary (£8 each way) and at the end of a long day not really ready to go back out again to eat, so disappointing really
Breakfast was fine
room was clean, tidy, windows did not open though

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Tina W

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.

Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on aimee.louiseash@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed in 6 hotels in the UK over 10 nights. By far the best service and hotel facilities we stayed at during our trip. Food in dinning room was excellent. This is a business hotel but would recommend it for proximity to Heathrow airport and Highclere Castle (where Downton Abby is filmed). There is also a large shopping mall close.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear x28625vrobertg

Thank you for posting your kind comments following your recent visit to the Hilton Reading. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Aimee Louise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We were shocked by the hotels attitude towards the safety of the guests after a evacustion of the hotel during early hours of the morning. The fire alarm had sounded briefly at around 10.30 pm. At around 2.00am my wife woke me to say there were blue lights outside. Looking out of the window I noticed firemen and residents outside standing on the forcourt. I rang down to reception and enquired if everyone need evacuate the hotel as no alarms were sounding on our level. We were advised that everyone needs to evacuate. Whilst leaving our room the alarms on our level had still not been activated. Having joined the rest of the of the guests in the forcourt there was no head count to confirm everyone had been evacuated, and we were not requested to stay further back in case of explosion. We tried to find family members that were also on the same level but could not find them, having phoned them and waking them up we advised them they need to get out of the hotel. The alarms had still not been activated on our level. I am pleased to say no one was injured, but this was not due to the competence of the hotel management and staff.

• Stayed April 2014
Aimee A, Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Gareth W

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser as thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

I have taken your comments on board, and contacted you directly following your concerns.

Should you have any further concerns, please contact me on aimee.louiseash@hilton.com.

Aimee Louise Ash

Been to Hilton Reading? Share your experiences!