“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Reading
uk
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a night and it is a relatively new property. Not within walking distance to the centre, but it has good facilities with free parking. The room was spacious and clean. The staff were very polite and welcoming.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hilton Reading on Tripadvisor. Your comments about the Hotel and the team are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hilton Reading is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us

We thank you for choosing the Hilton Reading, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can be of any further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Previously stayed here last October when I experienced a number of shortcomings highlighted in my previous review.

Stayed one night this last weekend whilst visiting family locally. Whole experience was superb right through from fast, efficient & friendly check-in, to clean & comfortable deluxe room on 3rd floor, slick service in a busy Bar K where we had drinks and a bite to eat & finally an excellent breakfast experience . We were seated without delay, service was good with used crockery cleared away promptly & buffet items replenished quickly. Well done Hilton Reading. Top marks all round!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to hear you had such a pleasant and enjoyable breakfast and I will pass your comments on to our Executive Chef and the Team.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Staying at the hotel on average every three weeks, you tend to get very comfortable with its surroundings, people and facilities. Its nothing fancy but modern, professional with a personal touch from its employees. As a tourist there isn't much to explore outside of the hotel's boundaries although within 5 minute driving you have an abundance of restaurants at a centre called the Oracle.
Busness wise, the hotel is perfectly located near the Greenpark area which houses many large IT and Telecom firms. Besides the Hilton really the only other alternative is the Madjeski Hotel at the Stadium which I rather avoid.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoy your stay with us on a regular basis, and will ensure yoyr comments are passed onto our members of staff.

AimeeAsh
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was my first experience of staying at a Hilton Hotel, and after this wonderful experience, it won’t be my last.
I cannot speak highly enough about this hotel. After doing some research I decided to book a 2 night stay, the weekend before Christmas as I was attending my sister’s wedding at the nearby Silchester House on the Saturday.
This presents as a really modern hotel with a light, airy feel to the property. The main reception area is really large with a fabulous hanging glass centre piece. Check in was smooth and very efficient. I had requested a room in quiet location and as a function was booked for that evening I was upgraded from a room on the 1st floor where noise may have been an issue, to a luxury room on the 3rd floor, free of charge, which was such a kind and unexpected gesture.
The room was fabulous and spotlessly clean. The king size bed was huge and ultra-comfortable and the pillows were to die for ( I can understand why people order these from the Hilton website).It had all the usual ‘extras’, shower gel, and other toiletries, beverages and bottled water as well as wine, all were to a very high standard. I enjoyed 2 nights of sleeping bliss.
I dined in the bar area on my first night, and yes, it was quite pricey, but the food was wonderful and beautifully presented, and the staff were so attentive, so I felt as though I had got my money’s worth. The breakfast in the main restaurant was equally as good with such a wide variety, to cater for a wide range of appetites.
The only drawback I found, is the fact that the hotel is situated out of town and I had to rely on taxi transportation which wasn't cheap. However I certainly wouldn't let this put me off staying again.
All in all I had a fabulous stay. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had such a pleasant evening in our Larder Restaurant and I will pass your comments on to our Executive Chef and the Team.

Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stands out in a rather out of town empty location with a good housing project coming up behind. Very spic and span professionally run place .Good parking below. Good fitness center and swimming pool ,hardly used , apparently. Rooms neat ,no smells .Bathrooms functional ,neat with a thoughtful clothes line. wish they provided , razor ,toothbrush too.
Breakfast area clean neat brisk overlooking a grassy area and drain ? and cars rushing on a highway.
The front desk staffed with saucy youngsters whose English is dfficult to decipher on intercom, English speaking courses recommended. check out very fast drop envelope in box. unobtrusive background hotel staff.
excellent stay if you prefer it brisk ,quiet ,neat and efficient.

Room Tip: choose rooms near reception lifts to avoid a long walk in the wings
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Lovely clean and modern hotel with free underground parking. Greeted at the entrance and made to feel very welcome. Spent just one night here with husband and daughter in one room which consisted of queen sized bed plus a rollaway bed for our daughter. Usual amenities such as tea, coffee, iron and hairdryer included. The bedroom and bathroom were both very clean. We had a problem with the air conditioning control and could not regulate the heat ourselves so we were offered another room without any delay, unfortunately this also had a problem so the staff were very apologetic and transported our luggage directly to a suite on the third floor which was very comfortable. Housekeeping were also friendly and were available immediately to make up the sofa bed and to ensure we had everything we needed.
A good nights sleep and no noise heard from any other guests although I understand the hotel is busier mid week as it is close to the Business Park. I would definitely choose to stay hear again and next time use more of the facilities on offer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the team members to be so polite and helpful and that they were able to resolve your issue quickly and efficiently, I will ensure that they are notified of your comments.

Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I’ve stayed in many Hilton hotels as I travel a lot with work but this was the first time at the property in Reading. I’m not sure how old the hotel is but it looks brand new, very clean lines absolutely spotless inside and gives the appearance of only opening fairly recently.
I particularly like the underground car park which is also clean and well lit, often arriving later in the evening this is a real plus getting all your belongings in without having to trudge across car parks outside or in the rain! I was upgraded which is always nice and had a corner room overlooking the main road. Not an issue as you don’t hear the road in any case and I wasn’t planning to spent a great deal of time in the room in any case.
I only ate breakfast in the hotel which was excellent incidentally. I had a freshly made omelette and a small selection from the buffet and everything was perfectly cooked. We ate out at the Oracle just down the road which is a great place if you happen to be staying overnight and fancy having a wonder. If you fancy a drink and a bite to eat a taxi costs around £5-7 so nothing major.
I plan to be in the area again fairly soon so will make a point of staying in Reading again as my overall experience was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your breakfast with us and I will pass your comments on to our Executive Chef and the Team.

Guest Services

Been to Hilton Reading? Share your experiences!