“Surprisingly good for a tourist attraction” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 23 Restaurants in Woodstock
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Surprisingly good for a tourist attraction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This restaurant will never ever have a Michelin star.... but if you are visiting Blenheim palace, can afford a reasonable meal and want to eat very tasty British food in a lovely Indian frescoed environment, then this is perfect. The service was first class, our table had a tremendous view of fountains, and the food was surprisingly scrumptious. I had the goats cheese tart, Pork Belly and the Pavlova, all washed down with a little champagne...and for the two of us it was around 30 pounds per head. Few of us get to live in a large stately home, but for that 60 minutes i felt like i was...... Book ahead for the window seats though..

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I decided a long time ago never to work on my birthday and to always have a treat. This year I decided on a champagne lunch but I do not understand why there are egg sandwiches on an afternoon tea at most hotels ! ( eggs are not a celebration meal !)
So an internet search bought up the Indian Room at Belnheim palace and I booked three of us in for a three course meal with champagne - £28.50 each, not knowing what to expect really but by booking the meal, we also got discounted admission to the Palace and gardens.
Our meal was wonderful, the Indian room is beautiful and looks out on to the gardens.
There was a choice of four options for each course and either complimentary glass of house champagne, or house red or white wine.

We all had different choices and hubby paid extra £2.50 for the rib eye steak which came with possibly the best chunky chips ever ( just not quite as good as my mums ! ).
I had Salmon and champ and daughter had pork belly.

The cheese board was gorgeous, four cheeses, crackers, celery, grapes and I think it was wine preserve.

Our waitress was very nice and I have to say , this treat made my birthday

By booking in advance, we received a gift certificate, which we simply exchanged on the day.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport -Trefdraeth, United Kingdom
“Food and service faultless for Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

As a special treat for my partner's birthday I booked the entrance to Blenheim Palace and Sunday lunch in the Indian Room package. It wasn't cheap but it was well worth every penny. Food choice was great and cooked to perfection. Service was fabulous. Drink prices were very reasonable. All in all a great lunch in a wonderful setting. Would do this again for a treat.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Disgraceful!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Yet another Searcsy run disaster.....poor service, poor food but a fantastic location within Blenheim Palace....

• Visited March 2014