“Blenheim Suite - Hope House” 5 of 5 stars

Hope House
Oxford Street, Woodstock OX20 1TS, England   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Blenheim Suite - Hope House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Amazing!. The lounge is very light and airy and relaxing. The open fire place is so lovely on a cold winters afternoon and evening. The bathroom is wonderful as is the bedroom. Can't recommend Hope House more highly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
F00d61, Owner at Hope House, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did.
My team always like to know how we have done in providing a memorable experience.
It is even more rewarding when guests like yourselves return on multiple occasions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had a snug night in the hotel, appreciated the little touches such as complimentary brandy and TV in the bath. The Log fire in the living room was just what we needed after coming in from the cold.
The manager was attentive and offered friendly advice for things to do in the area as well as directions. We loved our room. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom large enough and well-appointed with nice toiletries.
The Hotel is a short walk from the Blenheim palace gates. The entry tickets last for a year so we would really enjoy a return stay there

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
F00d61, Owner at Hope House, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
The team will appreciate your feedback.
We all work very hard to provide a memorable experience.
The log fire in the Blenheim Suite is particularly popular especially during the winter.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the first time I've ever posted a review on Trip Advisor, but since I use it regularly to check out anywhere we're staying, I thought I'd take the time to review Hope House. This is a really lovely boutique hotel. The owner Paul was extremely friendly and very keen to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. The décor in the Churchill Suite was very tasteful and the attention to detail was excellent. It was very apparent that Paul had many years experience of working for a luxury hotel group prior to opening Hope House. As well as a large minibar and variety of snacks in the room, there was also a full selection of wine, champagne and standard glasses and a champagne bottle stopper, which was a nice touch. Complimentary Bulgari toiletries in the bathroom - again, a nice touch. Great choice at breakfast and predominantly locally sourced organic produce - the cooked breakfast was delicious! The proximity to Blenheim Palace couldn't be better - in fact Paul helped us to organise a package including a guided tour of the palace, as a Christmas gift for my parents.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
F00d61, Owner at Hope House, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. I will pass it on to the team who always appreciate knowing that our guests have enjoyed their stay.
I am fortunate after a lifetime in Hotels to be able to operate my family's ancestral home as a luxury destination.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed one night at the Churchill Suite during our visit to Oxford.

Prior to our stay, the owner Paul emailed and asked what type of milk and pillows we preferred. We felt welcomed even before we were there.

Paul was exceptionally helpful during our stay and there were pamphlets of information on local attractions and restaurants organized and filed in the suite for our reference. We were suggested to visit the Blenheim Palace a few minutes away and was really impressed and had a wonderful time.

The breakfast was superb and the old family home of Paul has been remodeled with all the modern convenience. The only complaint I have is there is only one restroom in the 2-bedroom suite and it is a bit far from the master bedroom. However, it is still our best B&B experience and we have the feelings of staying at a 5 star hotel suite.

We have learned that Paul has vast traveling and luxurious hotel management experience and we think he has well applied what he learned previously in Hope House.

We strongly recommend Hope House to everyone and I am afraid my children will be disappointed next time they stay in another B&B!

• Stayed October 2013
F00d61, Owner at Hope House, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
We always appreciate the time you have taken to give us such a glowing review. I will pass on your comments to my team who I know are always motivated by great feedback. In order to maintain our position as one of the top ranked 5 star hotels on trip advisor it is invaluable to receive feedback.

Our two bedroom suites do have one bathroom which is located 3 yards from the second bedroom and 6 yards from the master bedroom. For future guests wishing to see the suite layout may see suite floor plans on our website.

Again thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. We hope to welcome you back to hope House again soon.
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Friday 1st November. We stayed in the Marlborough suit. We stay in many hotels, houses, apartments ect, I always review them and this was one of the best but the price was high compared to others.

On arrival Paul came and met us outside & even helped us park & carry our bags. Very welcoming indeed, great customer service. He made it feel as if we were staying in their house! Showed us the room & how to work all the gadgets underfloor heating, aircon, surround sound, lights, blueray, TV in the bath ect. The bath here is amazing two people can easy fit in it & you can watch sky tv! First hotel I've stayed in where you have free bath salts & bvlgari toiletries very relaxing & luxurious!

Love the smeg fridge freezer which comes with complimentary water & milk. Amazing range of teas & coffees, magazines & info on the local area. Great place to stay for shopping at Bicester village it's only about 10minutes away.

For perfection & me being really picky as u can pay up to £450 + for one night here. I think the two rugs in the suit (one under the fridge & the other under the sofa) that we stayed in Marlborough need the corners Velcroing down or housekeeping roll the rugs the other way to keep the corners down. So it doesn't look tatty also we went to use the ice cubes but there was only a few left so I had to wait a few hours for some more and had warm drinks. Then the ice cubes still weren't really ready. So maybe fill them up before guests arrive. Obversely we could of phoned & asked for some more but this wasn't a major issues just me being picky. Also I think the DVD/blue ray collection needs updating & different catorgries I.e horror, kids, fantasy, comedy ect. Also I personally would of preferred harder pillows in saying that I never looked for any in the room or again called. I would of liked to of checked out later then 11am.

Breakfast was amazing and comes in the price. They have a good selection of foods.

Other than that the stay was amazing & there's so many great wow factor things. I hope theses comments are constructive & I'm not sounding like a snob. I can't wait to stay here again defiantly a hidden peace of heaven! Highly recommend it

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
F00d61, Owner at Hope House, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. It is essential for us to have 'fresh eyes' feedback in order to stay at the top of our game.
We have recently re carpeted the entire suite thus alleviating the rug corner situation.
Housekeeping have been reminded to check the ice cubes and we have now increased the number of trays. I will review the Blu Ray collection and try and cover more genres.
I am glad you had a memorable 5 star hotel experience and look forward to welcoming you again to Hope House.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place is a real gem & the village is also a one of a kind place to see once in your life. Paul & Sharon make you feel like you are staying with them in their home as a personal guest. Paul also has endless, humorous, Woodstock historical dinner stories that come with the experience, should you choose.
Breakfast & dinner rival any 5 star London or New York hotel & most of the produce comes from their own farm right down the road & could not be any fresher.
Put Hope House on your bucket list!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
F00d61, Owner at Hope House, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let me and my team know how we performed.
Particularly rewarding for the team is the super feedback re our lovely restaurant. We did enjoy creating a culinary experience for the dinners during your stay.
I will pass your review onto the kitchen team.

I hope we will see you again at Hope House soon.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Paul and his lovely team really have thought of every detail to make your stay so much more than you could dream of! From the moment you step in the door you will be treated with utmost care and attention. These outstanding and beautiful suites reflect the minute detail and thoughtfulness that has gone into making your stay one that you will never forget - or want to end!

If you enjoy life's little luxuries, be prepared to be overwhelmed by the ultimate candlelit "bubble bath experience" complete with softened water, luxurious pamper products and plasma TV! Step out onto the Italian heated marble floor and slip into your warm bathrobe...

Enjoy the delights of the full bar by the welcoming open fire in your private lounge after your evening meal, maybe some surround sound Sky TV before you slip into the most luxurious bedding you have ever felt! The plush furnishings and four poster will induce a satisfying smile as you drift off into a heavenly sleep.

A healthy, delicious, high quality breakfast of fresh fruits, museli and warmed croissants with local honey or preserves from the orchard are not to be missed. But save room for your favourite, flavoursome main course which will set you up for the day and give you an appetite to plan your return visit to Hope House. The most exquisite experience!!

Room Tip: Gosh. Find an excuse to enjoy them all!!