“Great food, great service, nothing else needs to be said.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 497 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Great food, great service, nothing else needs to be said.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Succulent lamb bhuna, the manager Ali helped me with my choice. A very relaxed yet attentive set of staff. I can't fault them.

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went for a meal in the Spice Lounge this evening and were incredibly happy with the entire experience. The food was amazing, myself and my partner both enjoy Indian food, and eat it often but the menu offered so much more variety than your typical Indian in the UK, and we both felt we had tried something very different than the norm. Service was wonderful, all the staff were friendly and attentive, particularly Laurie. Great experience, can highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Been here before and was ok, went for a meal here the other evening with friends and was a bit disapointed.

Yes the manager/owner/head waiter was very welcoming and had lots of smiles, but he didn't really listen to what I wanted, as I asked for a dish with some of the heat taken out and this was quite obviously not done.

I also felt that for what we had - Poppadums for 4, 4 main dishes, 2 bowls of rice and a bottle of wine for £74 did not represent good value (in London, possibly. But not Oxford).

I must also add, although not the restaurant's fault, but seeing other customers sat fiddling with their laptops and tablets was a bit off-putting as well.

We will not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs
“Other's miss was a hit for us!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

On a last-minute trip to Oxford we went in search of a place to eat and came upon the Spice Lounge, whose smells reminded me of the curry my roommate from Mumbai would prepare. We began with the plain and spicy papadoms with the various sauces, most of which were very good. I could not get enough of the spicy papadoms with their toasted sesame seed flavor. My husband ordered the chicken korma and I had the madras curry chicken. We ordered rice, naan, and mushrooms as sides. The plain rice had grains which were not fully cooked. The mushrooms were wonderful and prepared with a flavorful sauce, as was the madras chicken which could have been spicier heat-wise but had a really nice flavor. The chicken korma was slightly sweet and delicately flavored and balanced well with the madras. My husband and I often share entrees.
I'm assuming outdoor seating is during warmer weather as the patio out front was empty.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went to spice lounge with family not our usual indian restaurant but had heard good things so thought we would give it a try . Four adults we all had starter's that were delicious and we all ordered our usual mains we'll these were excellent so tasty and fresh and hot plenty of sauce with the madras and my husband likes vindaloo but it wasnt on the menu we asked anyway and they were more than happy to make it for him and he is a bit fussy when it comes too his curry but he was very impressed and ate every morsel on the plate ! We will definitely be making spice lounge our preferred restaurant and takeaway x

• Visited November 2013