“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had an absolutely lovely lunch recently with very attentive staff and superb food. We hadn't planned to visit but was passing and decided to just pop in. What a good decision that was!! The first of many visits for us.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
BrasserieBlancOxford, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Suzanne L,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words. It means so much to us that we made another guest smile. We very much hope to welcome you back to us in the near future and I hope to personally meet you on your next visit to thank you.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Another great visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Another great lunch with the family, a wonderful bonus that our Children got to meet Monsieur Blanc himself.
It really has the complete package as far as I am concerned and is in my view the best dining options in the city of Oxford right now. My son now wants to go to Le Manoir!

Dear JezBlanc,

How lovely that you reviewed us again (twice in a month), which can only mean we have gained another 'Blanc Groupie'. Excellent News for us! Your comments mean so much to us and for your efforts please accept an invitation to a glass of bubbly for you and your guests on your next visit.
Just email me directly on oxford@brasserieblanc.com when you want to come and I will arrange it.

Again, thank you!

With Best Wishes,
Godstone, United Kingdom
“First BBlanc, Oxford visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Having visited Oxford, Great Milton and Abingdon for the first time last year, I have found a few places I'll definitely return to in the future. It's rare for me to review any restaurants, but I do realise how feedback can be crucial to a place or event, to reshape or improve.

The friendly welcome was a great start and we had a brief but pleasant conversation about how each BrasserieBlanc is visually a little different and has its own character.

When the waiter realised I was familiar with the London BBs he asked if I had a favourite starter to order. A pleasant character, who didn't make me feel rushed in the busy late lunch time crowd.

Whilst having my main course the manager came over and said hello, also asking if things were fine or if I'd like anything etc.
We chatted briefly and I finished lunch with my favourite sorbet choices! The visit to a new (to me) Brasserie was such an enjoyable start to a day of meetings and a busy 3-day weekend away from home. Very comfortable surroundings. Monsieur Blanc even came in for his own lunch as my sorbet was arriving, and spent time walking around several tables, speaking to the diners before settling back at his own table.

The staff here were all very personable and genuinely seemed to enjoy taking time to discuss the dishes and choices on the menu.
I look forward to visiting again with friends and during other escapes to beautiful Oxford.
Many thanks.

Dear Fly276,

Thank you ever so much for your lovely comments regarding your experience at our Brasserie. I am delighted that you had a great time with us and I will of course share your review with my team.
It makes all the training so worth it reading this.

I hope to able to welcome you back to us at sometime in the near future, (Raymond will be here most Saturdays at Lunch too)

Reading, United Kingdom
“Excellent place, definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had a really excellent dinner here recently and cannot praise it enough. The service was excellent from the moment we entered the restaurant. The menu was varied, with something for all tastes, though of course very French, as you'd expect. The food itself was wonderful as was the accompanying wine. I will definitely be returning to Brasserie Blanc, maybe even tomorrow!

• Visited February 2013
Dear Baz27,

What a fabulous review!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and I would feel honoured to welcome you back to us very soon. A glass of bubbly for you and your guests is waiting for on your next visit. Just email me directly on oxford@brasserieblanc.com when you want to come.

I look forward to it!

Philadelphia
“Culinary heaven in Oxford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

It was a bit of a walk from the center of town, but such a complete delight. We found an elegant, easy-going atmosphere, knowledgeable servers with a warm style, and then food that we still are talking about back home in the States.
Our appetites were piqued with a dish of the fattest, tastiest olives ever, plus bread and a selection of dipping sauces.
My starter was an eye-catching and flavorful selection of salads: little beets, finely shredded carrots in a gentle coating, apples/celery/nut mix, cucumbers in dill and a few more all arranged neatly on a seafood plate.
After conferring with our server, I was tempted to try the ox tongue. When I had to have tongue, as a kid, it was stuff you chewed forever. This time it was tender, literally fell apart with the fork, in a light sauce with small peas. It had a very satisfying flavor, sort of like corned beef.
I should report what my husband had, but I was seriously too involved to notice except that he loved every part of it.
In a town full of struggling students, this is a place for people with more in their pockets, but there are apparently enough of them to have kept this establishment running for many years.
So sorry we live an ocean away from this lovely place.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
BrasserieBlancOxford, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
What a fabulous review. We are ever so grateful for your comments and so delighted that you had a lovely experience at our Brasserie.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to us when you return to the UK at some stage in the future.