“Absolutely Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Mullions

and 1 more site!
You added Red Mullions to your Saves list
Red Mullions
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   23 London Road | Headington, Oxford OX3 7RE, England   |
Ranked #8 of 82 Oxford B&B and Inns
Fillmore, California
“Absolutely Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

From beginning to end, Red Mullions exceeded my expectations. Luke and the other staff were a constant and tremendous help to us on all fronts. Our room was excellent; our strict dietary requirements were observed without a single hitch; Luke could ALWAYS be counted on to provide easy-to-follow directions and superb advice, and every member of staff we interacted with was pleasant, friendly, welcoming, and went out of their way to be helpful. I will DEFINITELY stay at Red Mullions again, and I STRONGLY recommend this place to anyone traveling to Oxford for any reason.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
redmullions, Manager at Red Mullions, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hi Hannah T,

We are so glad that your stay exceeded your expectations and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and positive review of the Red Mullions.
We continue to strive to deliver the very best of service and to make our guests as comfortable as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you, your friends and family in the future.

Kind regards

Luke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend had very pleasant 1 night stay at the Red Mullions last weekend. Room was clean and spacious, breakfast was superb and the location made the fantastic sights of Oxford easily accessible. Luke was a fantastic host as well and could not have been more helpful. Only thing to watch out for is if you plan to walk to the station.. its over 2.5 miles so give youself plenty of time otherwise you might miss your train like we did!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Mark8323,

I hope the time spent waiting for the next train was not wasted.
Thank you so much for the kind words we always appreciate it when our guests take the time to leave reviews.
Kind regards

Valletta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have to compliment Luke and all the staff at the Red Mullions for making our stay so pleasant and welcoming, that we all felt at home away from home. Our stay in Oxford was mainly due to medical reasons and we were only a five minute walk away from the John Radcliffe Hospital. I would and will certainly recommend anyone visiting Oxford for whatever reason, be it pleasure, business, medical or any other, to stay at the Red Mullions for the hospitality, cleanliness and a wonderful breakfast that one could vary as s/he pleased every morning.
Excellent location. Close to the city center either by walk or bus. Plenty of shops and Pubs nearby.
Great food served in all the Pubs !!! There is a lot more to add to my comments but I am not going to be the one to do so. Actually I'm leaving it to you readers who are planning to visit Oxford and to experience a wonderful stay at the Red Mullions.
Should I come back to Oxford, I would certainly book myself at the Red Mullions again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi Alexander Josep…Z,

hope this finds you, your wife and sister in-law well. I hope your sister in-law has recovered and enjoying her beach break.
We do really appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Red Mullion Guesthouse. we all look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

kind regards

luke
Wisbech, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am writing on behalf of my parents as they are 93 and not computer literate! I wanted somewhere for my elderly parents to stay while we were in Oxford to celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary. They had room 14 which was possibly the bridal suite and it was warm, comfortable with a huge comfortable bed and they were really taken care of. They loved it and I felt they were safe. The food was excellent and they said everyone was kind and helpful to them. Thank you Luke and all your staff for helping to give two elderly people a weekend to remember.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
redmullions, Manager at Red Mullions, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Hi JTCUK,
It was an absolute pleasure to have such a charming couple and an inspiration to all of us.
We are delighted to receive such a positive review & thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive assessment of what we do. We look forward to greeting then once again when they return to Oxford.

kind regards

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had an excellent stay at Red Mullions. Room was huge, comfortable and had everything I needed. Room was at front of hotel but heard no traffic noise .Centre is a quick bus journey away, or about a 20 min walk down the beautiful Headington Hill. Slept well in very comfortable bed. I ate at one of the Headington pubs which was fine. Breakfast was freshly cooked and tasty, unlimited coffee which was great. I stayed in Oxford a couple of weeks before in City Centre Hotel, room was double the price and half the size. Best of all was the friendly welcome when I arrived and from all the staff I met during my stay.
Highly recommend staying at Red Mullions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
redmullions, Manager at Red Mullions, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Patricia C
Many thanks for taking your time to leave a review and such a positive one too.
We really appreciate the benefits being highlighted of both Red Mullions and the Headington area in your review.

We look forward to hosting your next stay when you're next in Oxford.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Simply put, the best guest house I have ever been to. Luke and the team were fantastic throughout - very approachable and always willing to help. Facilities were great, location was perfect and the breakfast was delicious.

I stayed in two different rooms over the two nights I was there, both on the ground floor and on the right side of the building (unfortunately I am drawing a blank on the exact room numbers - apologies). They were modern, well maintained and had everything you could possibly need for an overnight stay. The second room I stayed in had a skylight with a remote to control the blinds, which I thought was was a nice touch.

I couldn't recommend Red Mullions highly enough!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
redmullions, Manager at Red Mullions, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hi James B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are all very pleased to hear that you found us comfortable, clean and that the breakfast was to your satisfaction.

You stayed in room 14 (the king room) on the 1st night and room 17 (skylight room) the second night.
we look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards

Kuching, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a four night stay at Room 8. THe place is quiet even though it is by the busy LONDON Road. Buses going down to the city and back is very frequent, practically every 5 mins or so. The room and bathroom are clean. The English breakfast is excellent and Luke and histeam are very helpful. Excellent place to stay in Oxford for a trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
redmullions, Manager at Red Mullions, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Dominic S
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of all the positive facts about our guest house - much appreciated. We welcome the chance to improve our score on your next visit.

Many thanks

Been to Red Mullions? Share your experiences!