“Great B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Mullions

and 1 more site!
You added Red Mullions to your Saves list
Red Mullions
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   23 London Road | Headington, Oxford OX3 7RE, England   |
Ranked #9 of 84 Oxford B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed for two nights in June. The room was comfortable and clean with a nice en-suite (decent modern shower!)
Pami welcomed us and was very helpful with advice on where to find things in town. Breakfast was very tasty.
Buses to/from the city centre stop just outside, at least every 30 mins though possibly more frequent (we only had a timetable for one of the routes) and while it's walkable (took us about 40 minutes from city to B&B) it's uphill for a lot of the way.
We'd fully recommend Red Mullions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The location for me was excellent as my husband was in The Manor Hospital, and it was as close to the hospital as they had advised. It was a little daunting being away from home whilst my husband was in hospital but the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. As I needed to stay an extra night and although I had checked out, Luke the manager rang round other accommodation to try and find me somewhere for the evening, they even allowed me to leave my car in their car park whilst I visited my husband and although I had checked out. I stayed in the king size suite which was absolutely fab and the bed was so comfortable. The breakfast was great. Thank you to all staff at the Red Mulions, I had an extremely comfortable stay, and was definitely excellent value for money

• Stayed May 2012
Kuala Selangor, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We (my parents and I) stayed in the Red Mullions for 3 nights (9/5/12) only holiday along with an aunt and uncle of mine who booked the place. The rooms are cozy, and were well equipped with a wide range of amenities. The staff extremely friendly and attentive. The breakfast was delicious and the guest house itself is very strategically placed. It was easy for us to head out and do a bit of sightseeing whenever we wanted. Staying there gave us the feel of a "second home." I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

A group of us stayed at Red Mullions for 2 nights, in early May. As a result I got to see several of the rooms, and each had a different style and capacity. Charming ambience, great value and Luke, the manager couldn't have been more helpful. It was easy to get into central Oxford, the bus stop was just outside the Guest-house and took only about 10 minutes. Loved the breakfast too, my eggs were done just the way I requested!!

Sark, Channel Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I really should keep quiet about this excellent guest house, as places to stay in Oxford that are not ridiculously over-priced or shabby are like chickens' teeth. Red Mullions isn't grand; it is clean, cosy and friendly. Pami Bahl is attentive and friendly to everyone and clearly enjoys making her guests time in Oxford better than it might be. Breakfast is excellent.

Munster, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed in the Red Mullions for one night on a buisness trip. This is a cozy little place, very quiet but within easy reach (a few minutes with the bus, which stops right outside) of the main highlights of the city. The owner is super-friendly and very attentive, the room was comfy, clean and equipped with all necessities (tea maker, Wifi, TV), and the bed was first rate. There is a really fantastic gastro pub (and many small eateries) with very reasonable prices (The Black Boy, refering to a horse....) in walking distance, and the owner will be happy to sort out anything else you would require. Alltogether this was a wonderful experience, in a charming place with lots of British charme to it. Highly recommended.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed at the Red Mullions for one night on the 12/05, the place is nice and very clean, the breakfast was excellent and I can't stop praising the kindness of the owner and staff, they let us take our time for the check-out as we had a heavy night after the party for the wedding we were invited to . The B&B is only 10 min away by bus from the city centre.I highly recommend this place and I'll surely stay there the next time I'll come to Oxford.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Red Mullions, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Hi Constance J,

Thank you for taking time to write such a glowing appraisal of you stay with us.

Regards

Luke

Been to Red Mullions? Share your experiences!