“Excellent meal at an excellent price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mirch Masala

Mirch Masala
137-139, Cowley Road | Between princess and union street, Oxford OX4 1HU, England
44 1865 728581
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 493 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Balmain, Australia
“Excellent meal at an excellent price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Best Indian Restaurant in the Cowley Road. Excellent food at a very reasonable price. Where else can three of you have 3 mains and a few beers for under 20 pounds each. Friendly and helpful staff, quick and efficient service. Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2014

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in Oxford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

After being recommended this Indian, my girlfriend and I took a visit last month. Admittedly it is not often I fancy and Indian meal in the middle of summer but we went there none the less. The waiter and waitress there that evening were very polite and friendly and made us feel at ease very quickly. We took the chef up on his recommendations for our meal and were very impressed with each dish. The food was not at all greasy like you can often find with some restaurants and the meat cooked to perfection. The food was served quickly and with a smile and I would definitely take my friends and family there when they come to visit.

• Visited July 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Definitely among the best in Oxford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Have eaten here a few times and the food has always been amazing and the service friendly. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food, will definitely go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is the second time I have eaten here, and I will go again. I visited with a large group of friends, and while we waited a little while for food, it was well worth the wait. The restaurant was extremely busy, so I understood that there would be a little wait anyway. The food was amazing, all cooked fresh and to order. I adore the channa chat, and would highly recommend, as I would Mirch Masala

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Food was good but service was terrible!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I went with a group of people, we had our starter which wasn't very warm, then waited over an hour for our mains which the curry was very tasty but unfortunately the rice and naan came about 10 mins after which was disappointing, we had a female waitress who was disgustingly rude! We couldn't believe it! Overall the food was tasty but the wait and atmosphere ruined it for us, will not be returning!

• Visited June 2014