“If hamburgers are your bundle, this is the place to go” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Byron Oxford

Byron Oxford
33-35 George Street, Oxford, England (Formerly Byron Hamburgers)
01865 792155
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 483 restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: We make proper hamburgers. Good Scottish beef, ground fresh every day, cooked medium, served in a squishy bun with fries and a craft beer.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“If hamburgers are your bundle, this is the place to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Excellent burgers had by all, great service, excellent location, diner style decor. If you enjoy a burger, look no further for a no nonsense, straight up and down burger delight.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome food, 5* staff and fun times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I went to Byron on Saturday night with my husband, and loved it so much I went back on Sunday with my family!

The restaurant has a very cool and retro interior - very New York 1950's style!

The staff are so friendly and professional and seem to really love their job which is fab!

But the main reason for going is the fabulous food! The burgers are the best I have ever eaten. We also had fries, coleslaw and onion rings - omg, so divine! The kids had the kids menu which was excellent - the brownies on the kids dessert menu were so scummy I don't eat desserts but I ate these!

This restaurant chain has humble origins, and it has done so well by being excellent and fun - I applaud the owner, they really know what they are doing! Good on you and thank you for such a great dining experience!

Also excellent value for money!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely delicious burgers and fantastic atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Been to Byron a couple of times now and I must say I was dubious to start with as George St wouldn't be my first choice for a meal out but I must say how impressed I am with Byron. The interior is extremely chic, keeping in line with its London roots. The service is good and the burgers delicious! The menu isn't particularly long but it really doesn't need to be. Chunky, juicy, tasty burgers with good selection of additional toppings and battered onion rings bigger then your hand! The first visit does really require a Byron burger, it really helps you to appreciate what they're trying to do with their food with good, honest flavours. I was also lucky enough to visit in November, so it had to be a Mo burger which was just so zingy and tasty. Also love how the burgers are served medium rare, ensures a tasty juicy burger every time!

Visited November 2012
Oxfordshire
“Movember "Mo Burger" - Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is the first time I have reviewed a place twice, but Byron's support of the Movember charity deserves a mention. The " Mo Burger" has to be the best burger I have ever tasted. The combination of toppings and sauces, combined with their great burger is stunningly good.
Event better 50p from every Mo Burger goes to the Movember charity. They are also doing a great job of promoting the charity.
Go get a Mo Burger before the end of the month, burgers don't get any better than this.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

For the price, I expected it to be best of the best! After went to my nearest Byron restaurant in Oxford, I was soooo disappointed with the taste and the size! Extremely disappointed! It doesnt taste as good as GBK and the burger is smaller than GBK! I know i shouldnt compare them but I think for a £9+ burger, i can cook it better than Byron Burger at home.

Visited November 2012