“First encounters” 5 of 5 stars

01865 241493
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Nepali
Description: Welcome to Sherpa Nepalese cafe restaurant, It is situated in Cowley Road Oxford. Our aim is to bring the best Nepalese Cuisine with affordable price and friendly service. We are Innovative cuisine from different region of Nepal, India and Tibet. Nepalese food is a diverse as the country itself and its ethnic group. We blend the taste from Steamy juicy MOMO( Dumplings) and noodles from Tibet to rice and lentils based south indian Dosa and Northern curries. Sherpa begins with the one bright idea, fresh , authentic Nepalese food. We took the idea and looked at the street of Kathmandu for the inspiration and created a dining experience that is vibrant, alive and bursting with flavours and there you will have essence of Sherpas. Our very passionate Executive head chef Ram Prasad Dogal prepares the menu with meticulous care, from scratch. Our thoughtfully created menu will suit every appetite at any time of the day. It combines variety of items perfect for sharing as well as the classic indian and Nepalese dishes. You can even create your own main course from selection of starters. We promise you dining at Sherpa is more than a meal it's an experience, one we hope will keep you coming back for more. Many thanks for taking time and effort to look into our website We are looking forward to welcoming you soon at Sherpa
“First encounters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having not experienced much in the way of Nepalese cuisine I was eager to give this place a try. From the outside it looks modern and well kept and this image was carried out within. Although we were the only people dining this Thursday lunch time the atmosphere felt comfortable and warm with ambient music playing in the background.

Due to having limited time we informed the waiter of this and he was quick to serve and ensured as that our food would arrive in suitable time which it did and tasted fresh and flavorful.

I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family and will be sure to go back in the coming weeks to experience other dishes from the menu.

• Visited March 2013

“loved it !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

went to sherpa one night and loved every second , me and my friends went to enjoy a lovely day out and we had exactly that. the food was up to a very good standard and the waiter was lovely and charming , overall i had a lovely night , thank you sherpa !

Visited November 2012
Virginia
“Good Chow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had dinner at this place the other night. The service was excellent and the food was very good. The waiter was very responsive. I felt like he was visibly glad every time I ordered something. When I ordered a beer, he thanked me and beamed brightly, almost as if I were pinning a Victoria Cross on him. The popodams were better than the ones I have had in other Oxford ethnic places, and the mixed platter was quite good. I hope to eat here again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“REALLY GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Having returned from a holiday in Nepal we gave this a go to remind us of a great trip. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent. The chicken Momos, samosa chat basse camp lamb, and mis masu were really tasty and well prepared.,

Well done to sherpali team

• Visited November 2012
Millington, Tennessee
“I'd like to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Friendly attentive service, clean surroundings, reasonable price, truly delicious food. These are what I like at a restaurant, and I got them all here. The location on Cowley Road is very handy for those staying at the B and B's. I only wish that I could have sampled more of the things on their menu.

• Visited November 2012