“Home from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Holt Hotel

You added The Holt Hotel to your Saves list
The Holt Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oxford Rd | Nr. Steeple Aston, Oxford OX25 5QQ, England   |
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Oxford
Oxon
“Home from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

My wife and I have stayed at the Holt on approx 12 occasions (business purposes, usually for between 5 - 7 days) over the last 3 years. We are always treated with warmth and friendliness from all staff and we feel part of the Holt family.
The food is excellent, particularly the Sunday lunches. The rooms are clean and comfortable all having unique character - possibly a few creaks!!
We regularly stay in 4 or 5 star airport and London hotels and although many offer luxurious facilities, very few can compare with the comfort feeling provided by the Holt.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I thoroughly recommend the restaurant-the food both in the evening and the breakfast could not be faulted.

My only complaint was that it was a bit noisy as there was a wedding party - but they were not unruly and we were still looked after well.

Fantastic powershower and the rooms were clean and spacious.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

stayed here due to a wedding at the local church which is 5 mins down the road.there is ample parking,secure,and it is 5 minutes from the local train station.
the rooms were traditional but small.you can see the stains which the room has accumulated over the years.
over the week the hotel is is quiet but fairly busy on the weekend.
food is standard,breakfast is good selection with good service.there is a petrol station opp so good for sundries.
overall ok for a wedding and close to bicester village but i would only go for a £50 room deal

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Was put up here for two nights recently and did not have a good experience. The rooms are old and noisy with the squeakiest floors I have come across, you can here every tip toe from the rooms above, and TV's from next rooms. I had to change rooms after first night due to water leak cracking the sealing and dripping through into my room. My deal included dinner and when i requested it be reduced for the second night as I did not eat at the hotel I was told a firm no. Considering you just ordered from the menu I could not understand this, but girl on desk would not see reason. In all my travels for business this was the most ordinary hotel experience I can remember.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in the Cotswolds over a bank holiday weekend. We were bemused to be asked during check-in if we had requested the "haunted room". We hadn't so they switched us accordingly. We found the staff to be really helpful and friendly. Breakfast was included in our room rate and it was not only of excellent quality, but you didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to enjoy it. Can't remember exactly what time they serve till but at least 10am and they weren't rushing to clear it away even then.
The hotel has a restaurant and bar menu. We only ate in the bar but the food was amazing, everything freshly prepared and they even made me special mash potato with no diary.
Downstairs, the oldie-worldy, slightly pubby feel is charming and homely but upstairs the rooms and corridoors really could do with some modernisation. Our bedroom and bathroom were both fairly large, spotlessly clean, very quiet and reasonably comfortable (power shower was great) but the decor is quite dated. However, overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

This was our 3rd trip to The Holt in 5 months and we are already planning our next one. The staff are lovely, heplful, polite at all times, and extremely hard working.

Thank you for another lovely relaxing break. :-)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

Working and staying regularly in Bicester I have tried several hotels in the area. For value, service and a pleasant location I have found the Holt to be my preferred choice.
I have found the staff to be consistently friendly and helpful.
The rooms do vary in size and quality but I have found the hotel very responsive to my requests for preferred rooms.
During the Spring and Summer months it is a particularly nice place to stay with its courtyard and general surroundings.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to The Holt Hotel? Share your experiences!