“Pleasantly suprised” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 43 Hotels in Oxford
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly suprised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I booked this hotel as I was seeing a show at the New Theatre and this hotel was very close. After reading reviews, I wasn't getting my hopes up but I was pleasantly suprised. We had a large double room on the third floor, the bed was comfy and even though the facilities weren't the best (our television didn't work) it was fine for one night. I would of happily stayed another two or three nights. The breakfast was ok but nothing special. The location is perfect in Oxford, though as it is central it is noisy at night but I didn't have a problem with that at all. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The location was excellent, only a few minutes from the centre and with loads of shops and restaurants nearby, as well as less than 10 minutes from the station.
The staff in the reception was ok, the girls who served breakfast barely talked...
The bed wasn't especially clean, but the mattress was comfortable, and the room was always warm.
The worst: the water from the shower was either freezing or burning, but taking a bath wasn't an option either, the plug didn't fit well, so it was impossible to fill the bathtub.
And then, at night, extremely loud music from downstairs kept us awake till late. It was as if there was a band inside of the room... Horrible. And the music was bad too, so joining the party in the bar wasn't an option.
For what it was, it was way too expensive, even though the location was that good. Won't stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had friends stay at the Euro Bar who said that this was probably the worst hotel that they have ever stayed in. It is next to a bus station and the clientele is very downmarket. It is not a good example of Oxford. The food at breakfast was very average and I would not book anyone into the hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hitchin, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked this "Hotel" at the last minute, not having found anything about it on Trip Advisor. It is advertised as a Three Star Hotel, which according to the www.Oxford web site, will have a bathroom. I was amazed to see in the confirmation e-mail that it did not have a bathroom or any private facilities. They required two days notice to cancel the booking even though I had only booked the day before. I booked it through Booking.com and although they did at least answer my calls and respond to my e-mails (something that Eurobar has not done) they have not arranged a refund. The price charged for a room without private facilities was ridiculous and gave me no advanced clue on its status.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

For the price of this hotel, I was pretty astonished at the poor quality. We had a very small room filled with unnecessary, broken furniture. Very tatty decor and the room wasn't entirely clean on arrival. Mould in bathroom. The cafe/breakfast area is attached to the bar so we had breakfast whilst surrounded by strong alcohol smells which was very unpleasant.

Room Tip: I think we were lucky to be on the top floor as other reviews suggest it's very noisy downstairs...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shellharbour, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stay somewhere else, over priced and loud. No sound proofing in the floors and right in front of bus terminal. Luggage is stored behind bar (risky) if you need to checkout before you leave. I recommend staying just outside town if you can as Oxford is expensive in general.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

stayed here 1st July 2012 after doing the london-oxford cycle. Room on top floor absolutely fine, shower/toilet was shared but most importantly everything was clean. Guy who checked us in was nice and helpful and kindly let us leave our bikes in the basement for the night rather than outside on the street. Bar downstairs is a little dingy and full of older 'regulars' from early in the morning. Can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't have it. Noisy too but right in the centre of the city surrounded by bars and a coach station so we expected this. I would never stay here with my girlfriend or if I wanted a nice little city break, but it's totally fine if you just need somewhere to crash for one or two nights. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Euro Bar? Share your experiences!