“Lovely food, lovely people” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 498 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Yeti Nepalese Restaurant is situated in the vibrant Cowley Road. We are small family run business with passion of excellent customer service and delicious foods, where we want our customers to feel they are visiting family home not a restaurant. We always use fresh ingredients with Nepalese herbs & spices to give excellent taste in our foods. We are proud to serve our customers authentic Nepalese cuisine at Yeti. Our food is based on healthy eating motto. We aim to use less oil. Our contemporary dining atmosphere offers comfortable sitting for families and groups.We are the proud Winner of Oxfordshire Restaurant Award 2013 in Asian category, which was announced on 01/10/2013 with big ceremony at Manor Hotel.
“Lovely food, lovely people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We dined here last night. I must admit when the taxi drew up we were a bit dubious as the outside of the restaurant doesn't do the place justice. Walking through the door we were reassured as it was very busy, good job we had booked!
The staff were very friendly, the lady especially. We ordered a selection of Nepalese food, having never eaten it before. I would recommend the lamb Moma. It was all very tasty and had an abundance of flavours. All reasonably priced too!
If I visited Oxford again I would come back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Oxford, England
“The extra mile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We're working our way through the list of restaurants in Oxford and really liked Yeti. The sign outside doesn't do it justice and needs to be updated to reflect the quality food, different menu and friendly service. The staff went the extra mile which stands this restaurant apart from the restaurant chains in the city centre.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
cardiff
“Excellent Home delivery service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Ordered a home delivered meal recently for myself and my parents. Extensive menu with variety of food. Very friendly, efficient service. Arrived within the specified time, despite being a busy Saturday night. Food was tasty and plentiful. Would definitely use again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Woking, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

If you visit Oxford and want to try somewhere different, please visit Yeti Nepalese. The service and food was excellent. Mumma Yeti (we didn't get her real name) is a really friendly lady.

We wanted to try something different, so had all Nepalese cuisine. The Lamb Moma (dumplings) were lovely and so was the king prawn starter. We tried the spicy meatballs which were big and stuffed with apricots. The sauce was a bit too spicy for us but lovely, as was the Lamb curry we ordered. The Gurkha beer is really tasty and goes very well with the meal. We had Jeera rice (cumin seed) and a Dall which was found a little salty but tasty. Overall the food was well spiced and very tasty.

We were also given a complimentary spinach dish which was really delicious.

When our waitress found it out it was our anniversary and my Birthday the next day she gave us some confetti for the table, and at the end of the meal they staff sang Happy Birthday and gave us a lovely Chocolate cake! Unfortunately we had eaten so much we couldn't make our way through the whole cake so we had a little bit and offered it back to the staff as an after work treat!

The restaurant is about a 20 minute walk from the city-centre, down Cowley Road but there are loads of pubs and bars to stop off at along the way.

We can highly recommend this restaurant for anybody wishing to try something different and be well fed !!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
London, UK
“Nepalese food 101...fail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I went to this restaurant because it ranked so highly in the Trip Advisor list. I'm sorry to say this, but this was one of the worst dining experiences for me this year. The worst was a chilli at a Little Chef somewhere on the road to Stonehenge, the other one was a Carluccio's in Pinner where I got food poisoning. Yeti was the third worst.

I ordered the lamb momos. They were so bland that I had to ask for salt. I also had some specialty lamb chops, they had a lot of seasoning, but no meat. The waiters took soooo long to bring any of the food that I was given an extra plate of dahl. Once I got the lamb chops, there was no meat. The dipping sauce tasted like marshmallows. Weird. I'm sorry that I ate here. This restaurant gives Nepalese food a bad name.

The staff was attentive and friendly, so I feel bad writing a negative review. But the honest truth is that the food was barely edible. After the meal I bought myself some crisps because I was still hungry...

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
OxfordSam, Manager at Yeti Nepalese Restaurant, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Lawrence23,

We are very disappointed to see your review about our restaurant. We know we not 100% all the times, but we have been doing our best to make our customers happy and make them feel welcomed by us.

In your case, after reading the review we have done our investigation to found out what went wrong. We have noticed from the beginning that you were not happy to sit on that particular table. May be that was the reason which prompted you to write such a low rated review, we don't know. Lamb momos are one of the best selling foods since we opened our restaurant almost Three years ago. We haven't had any complain for the quality of the momo so far. You said you had to ask salt to get the taste of the momos, but that was not the case. We asked our staffs but they said you did not make any request for salt.

You had ordered lamb chops and Nan bread which is dry dish. Our staff advised you about that while taking order. That is why we gave you complimentary dall. They are both tandoori items. We don't know how expert you are on Nepalese cuisine. There is no indication of your expertise. But one thing makes us very proud is we are contributing to spread our Nepalese tastes all over the Oxford and beyond, it's not like you think we are giving bad name to Nepalese foods. These type of comments hurts us. You did finish all your foods, but you are now saying the food was barely edible, you had to buy packet of crisp. We don't have any idea how could you write such low graded comment after eating all the foods. We asked you few times while you were eating, you said everything was fine. If you had any issue with the food quality you could have mention to our staff. We would be happy to change your food. But you left after eating all your foods and wrote this negative review.

We believe that the food was not only issue for you to write one of the worst negative review for us so far. May be you were upset with some other reason . We don't know.