“Great fresh Indian cooking in a really pleasant atmosphere with good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Qumins Restaurant

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great fresh Indian cooking in a really pleasant atmosphere with good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I cannot add much to the title of this review. It is hard to have a nicer experience in a curry house. There are some unusual dishes on the menu and all the basics are perfectly executed. They are also very nice with children.

• Visited March 2013

“One, if not the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Ate here for the first time the other day. Fantastic menu, great quality, authentic food and the staff are friendly, eloquent and patient.

Really enjoyed my meal.

• Visited June 2013
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Great food, gorgeous flavours, fresh ingredients, and brilliant owner. Have been going here for a few years now and loving the new menu! Keep it up guys!

“Great new menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Be bold and try the new dishes being served. Sardine samosas are light & packed with flavour. Chicken liver curry is rich & intense. Highlight for me was the chicken with cabbage. Yes, it contains bones and ten times more flavour. Proper village cuisine.

“Worth a third visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've eaten here before and the quality of food has been wonderfully consistent. It's my favourite curry house for so many reasons: I love how genuine the cooking is, it isn't greasy, the flavours are carefully thought out and there's lots of opportunities to try familiar or different things. Drinks can be expensive though, with pints reaching £4 but to be honest I've paid similar prices in all you can eat buffet franchises, and the food just doesn't compare.

I'd also like to mention the terrific service that we had tonight. We were presented with so much food (portions are generous) that my friend and I joked that we'd never be able to finish the two bowls of rice that came with our mains (one came included with the meal). Our very friendly waiter kindly offered to take one bowl away free of charge- which he did. As my tip didn't adequately reflect my experience, I hope that this review will instead. I recommend that everyone tries this.