“Good hotel, with easy access to Oxford city centre” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford

You added Holiday Inn Oxford to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Oxford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Peartree Roundabout | Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 8JD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Oxford
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, with easy access to Oxford city centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hotel was exactly what you would expect from Holiday Inn, friendly welcome on reception, nice room and powerful shower (I agree with a previous reviewer that the towel are quite small - prob only downside I can think of).

We stopped for 2 nights and used the swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room both mornings. If you are there saturday morning, go swimming before 10 as there are childrens swimming lessons afterwards. Still space to swim but a few kids around.

Hotel has plenty of free parking, and park and ride 5 mnins walk from hotel costs £4.50 return for 2 people into centre of Oxford. Times of buses are really regular and we used the last bus on Saturday night, which was at half 11 from the city centre.

Hotel next to services, which has a waitrose shop, starbucks and KFC

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and have shared your comments with the team who appreciate such complimentary feedback.
I do hope you return to Oxford when we look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for myself and my wife after looking previous positive comments here.
However, my experience was far from "positive".
It is true, thought, that the hotel is located at convenience location, and easy to get to city centre by public transport. Also, the hotel offers free car park.

The check-in was excellent, quick and efficient. When I finally found my room, there were 3 empty wine bottles and half-filled pint glass at the front of our room. I believe that housekeeper forgot to collect it after cleaning, but it was not a good start.
The room looked very nicely decorated and clean. When I entered into toilet, I found damaged bath-tab cover. It looked very unprofessional, and could cause scratching your skin.
Also, there was a large clear visible unknown stain on the bed base. I do not know how housekeeper missed it. See attached photos.
I sent an email with photos to them nearly a week ago, but no reply so far. I believe they do not care about the findings.
The hotel charges nearly £200 if you have NO reservation (booking in advance is much cheaper), and charge nearly £16 for hot breakfast if you book a room only.

I was very disappointed, and will stay at another hotel next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, I am glad that you liked the hotel, however really sorry to hear of the wine bottles left outside your room. I apologise for the fact that you did not receive a reply to your email, I will investigate this and ensure that a response is actioned.
I do hope that you will reconsider and visit us again whereby we can restore your faith in Holiday Inn Oxford.
Wombwell, South Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great hotel, location not rural, but great facilities within 5 minute walk of park n ride into Oxford.
Staff friendly,helpful and hotel very clean. Spa and pool facilities with excellent beauty parlour.

Only minor gripe, towels very small and not too soft either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. Your comments regarding our Hotel, facilities and staff are very much appreciated and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit.
Your comments relating to the towels have been noted and our Head Office are investigating the introduction of bath sheets.
Thank you once again for your review and i hope that you visit us again soon.
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here for trip to see Harry Hill.
Despite long que at check in with one staff member on the desk we were greeted warmly and found staff helpful. The park and ride made access to the city centre very easy. The hotel facilities were good and our room was clean and well kept. However on our return in the evening the sofa had been converted into a bed which was rather odd. However having called reception this quickly rectified. Breakfast was great with a good selection and again good service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent feedback left on Trip Advisor following your visit to Oxford. I am pleased that you liked the Hotel and facilities and that the staff were helpful. I am sorry for the misunderstanding regarding your sofa bed and pleased that it was rectified efficiently for you!
Thanks again for your comments and I hope that you visit us again in the near future, when we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Oxford.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Spent less than 12 hours here so only a brief review. It is a £10 ride from the city centre by taxi or £1.70 by the bus to the nearby park and ride. Easy to get to.

It is a standard business type hotel but equally fine for leisure travellers like ourselves. Room was bigger than I expected for a hotel on a main road service station and contained everything you might need. Bath with shower over; tea making facilities; good lighting in room. Pillows were a bit firm for my liking but we arrived very late so did not get into the pillow menu stuff; they will cater for your choice of pillow.

Hospitable check-in and everything worked efficiently. Nice man at check-out who asked how we had enjoyed it, and when I answered with rather a banal "it's fine" asked me to rate the stay on a 1 - 10 scale. All done pleasantly and I felt someone was actually interested in my opinion.

I would stay here if visiting Oxford but would need to take account of prices compared to city centre hotels which would be more convenient. (Remember to include car parking when making that comparision!)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Oxford and was pleased that you liked the Hotel - albeit a brief visit! I do hope that you choose this location again for future visits to Oxford when we look forward to welcoming you back.
Thank you once again for your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before visiting Bicester for shopping. We stayed in an executive room and was well worth the price. The room was clean and we enjoyed a quiet nights sleep. The 'curtains' (wooden shutters) in the room were amazing and let no light in - even at 10:30, did mean we nearly missed check-out but was definitely worth it. Overall, an excellent and comfortable stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments following your visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. It is always a pleasure to receive such complimentary feedback, which I have shared with the whole team.
I hope you enjoyed your shopping and look forward to welcoming you back to Oxford for future visits.
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in January. The warm welcome made the treacherous trip through the snow worthwhile. Hotel is located right next to the park and ride so we left our car for 2 days while we bussed into Oxford, only £2.40 return off-peak and the buses run until after 11 PM. You can get a timetable online as well as a map of all the stops. We had booked a room upgrade and our room was large and quiet - but not sure how representative this was as not many people had braved the snow to get there. The breakfast was great and porridge, eggs etc made to order; the waiting staff were very attentive and really seemed to want to help. The fitness centre is spacious and well equipped - did not try the pool. Wouldn't hesitate to book here again when visiting Oxford.

Room Tip: We booked a room upgrade on the top floor which was quiet