“Great value and friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford

You added Holiday Inn Oxford to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Oxford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Peartree Roundabout | Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 8JD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Oxford
“Great value and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Convenient location for oxford city and Bicester. Kids stay free! Excellent for families and esoecially friendly service. Little minus with trays staying for a while in corridors. The food is great and again the service is mighty friendly and nice.

• Stayed December 2012
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Many thanks for your recent review posted on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return to visit us again in the near future.
Thank you once again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had another great stay at this Holiday Inn recently. A good efficient check in and a clean comfortable room. The only slight letdown was the room service food. I ordered the steak and cheese baguette with chunky chips and a side of onion rings. The chips and onion rings were good but the baguette was soggy and contained a tiny bit of very tough and very fatty steak with such a small amount of cheese you couldn't taste it at all. At Nearly £15 this was very poor value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
I would like to thank you very much for your comments relating to your visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
I am very sorry that your Room Service was not up to our usual high standards and your comments have been passed to our Food & Beverage Manager who joins me in my apology to you.
Thank you agin for your comments and I hope that you visit us again in the future.
Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have just stayed here for one night. I am and was throughly impressed. The hotel building is an impressive structure with a modern design. You can see this from the A34, but has separate secure parking. When I got out of my car i could hear and see the A34, but once inside you forget.

The hotel has a large spacious entrance and reception area.

Upon arrival the customer service and greeting was excellent and i was made to feel very welcome (think was Ian Duty manager). All staff seemed friendly, pleasant and wanting to please. The room was large, spotlessly clean and a real pleasure to stay at.. The view from my room was the A34 but you cannot hear it.

A treat of a Holiday Inn, with excellent staff. Thank you

There is even a hairdressers and Spirit fitness centre.

Room Tip: Probably avoid one facing A34, although you canot hear it....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your recent review following your visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. It is always a pleasure to receive compliments relating to our Hotel, staff and facilities at the Hotel and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope that you visit us again soon, when we look forward to welcoming you back - thank you.
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband & I drove were on holiday over the week of Thanksgiving traveling around Scotland, England & Wales. We arrived in Oxford on Thursday, the day of American Thanksgiving, and asked if there was anywhere we could get turkey and American football. There wasn't anywhere close by, but one of the staff, Douglas helped us get to watch American football, and tried to find us a Thanksgiving dinner in Oxford. We very much appreciated all of his efforts! The rest of the staff was great as well. The only con is the internet was expensive, overall a very nice time for us!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for such a complimentary review posted on TripAdvisor following your Thanksgiving stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am very pleased that our Operations Manager was able to meet your requests and I have shared your lovely comments amongst the team here at the Hotel.
I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and many thanks once again for your feedback.
Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Myself and a group of friends chose Oxford for our first weekend away since having our babies last year. From start to finish the service was brilliant and for the price the hotel had everything. A special thank you to Ian on reception.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor and I am extremely pleased that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us at the Holiday Inn Oxford.
It is always a pleasure to receive such nice comments relating to our Hotel, facilities and staff and your compliments have been shared with the whole team.
Thank you once again and I hope that you will visit us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with friends on the weekend. Very good service from the reception staff and we were phoned to make sure everything was ok within our room within 2 minutes of getting into the room. Found that there was a wedding on in the evening which made us a little nervous about noise traveling from the disco but there was no need to worry a perfect nights sleep. There is a very good shuttle service into Oxford which takes about 10 minutes...and runs very regularly from the park and ride 5 minutes walk from the hotel. The service runs until 11.30 @ night which makes it useful for dinner or a theatre trip. Breakfast was a bit of a bun fight..especially with quite a large wedding party staying in the hotel. But @ least you knew that the breakfast items were fresh and hadn't been sitting under a heat lamp for a while. Over all I would recommend this hotel for stays in the Oxford area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind & positive comments following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. We always strive to offer our guests the best possible service and I am very pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay in Oxford.
I hope that you visit us again in the near future, when we look forward to welcoming you back.
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Hotel is a standard 4* quality hotel. Clean, spacious and very confortable rooms and service are a plus. Unappily, the location it is not the best for central Oxford access, at least in weekdays. The Hotel is located 4/5 miles away from central Oxford, so forget any possibility of walking within reasonable time.

I am not sure if was unlucky, but I got always long lines both traveling to central Oxford in the morning and back to the hotel in the evening. In spite of available bus lanes in part of the course, reaching Oxford is not so easy and fast as I would expect. I always used a Taxi to move. Unhappily, there are no Taxis near the Hotel, and you have to call and wait for 15 min (average/minimum) to get one. From central Oxford is of course faster. Anyway, count on about 10 Pounds each way.

The breakfast is very complete concerning hot dishes, no so much relating the fruits / bread choice; anyway, it is OK for the hotel ranking.

Last but not least, no free WiFi access is unacceptable these days. If this intends to be a business style hotel, does not make sense to require huge payments when sometime one only needs to send a mail or check an address or location.

In short, it is a standard Hotel, with reasonable service but poor location for central Oxford acess.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for your recent review posted on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you liked the hotel and its facilities and sorry that you were disappointed that we are not a city centre Hotel. However as you experienced we do have a nominated taxi supplier and are situated next the the Oxford Peartree Park & Ride for easy travel into the centre of town.
Thank you once again and I do hope that you visit us again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Oxford? Share your experiences!