“Good, clean hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford

You added Holiday Inn Oxford to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Oxford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Peartree Roundabout | Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 8JD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Oxford
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Good, clean hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a wedding in the area. The family took a total of 5 rooms and the were no complaints about any of our rooms.
We all enjoyed the health club facilities and can recommend the pool area, which has a spa, sauna and steam room. ( the pool was brilliant for the children in the group).
My only complain is that it was quite noisy if you were staying on the A34 side of the hotel, you definatley could not have the windows open to cool your room down and our air conditioning was not working.
The reception staff were excellent and all of the other staff around he hotel were very polite.
I would not reccommend eating in the hotel at dinner. We were a group of 12 and it was a disspointing, from a packet food. However breakfast was good.
Overall I would recommend this hotel, just not dinner.

Room Tip: Order breakfast the night before and save yourselves £4.00 per person
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Many thanks for your recent review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our Health Club.
I am sorry that you had a problem with the temperature in your room and hope that you took advantage of speaking to our Duty Manager regarding this issue.
Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed for one night midweek when visiting our son. The hotel and its facilities are good but its location on a service area off the A34 means it is very noisy and we were woken by a lorry leaving the service area at 5.30am, even though we did not have a window open. We eat at our son's college in the evening so can't comment on the restaurant other than for breakfast which was entirely satisfactory. Our room was an executive one, reasonably size, good size TV, plenty of storage space, rather hard bed and bathroom requiring refurbishment, but overall perfectly adequate.

Room Tip: Away from the A34.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you very much for posting your recent review on TripAdvisor following your visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford.
It is always a pleasure to receive compliments regarding our Hotel and facilities - however very sorry that you were woken early in the morning - please accept our apologies.
I do hope that you will visit us again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back.
Thank you once again.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Arrived at 11pm, car park dug up which required some neat reversing to get back out.
Friendly reception staff that had to walk me to my room as the key cards werent working.
Was assured key would be pushed under door during night. It wasnt.
Early start meant I had not booked breakfast and just a coffee in my room... kettle, cups and coffee but no milk or sugar. So had to go to breakfast, where they tried to charge full breakfast price for a coffee... i eventually managed to explain the issue and they didnt charge for it.
Then got a key, went to room, key not working, walked back down, got a member of staff to open door (without any proof of that it was my room).
Overall, the stay was OK in a clean and well managed hotel but they just missed some details.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Mr_Mote,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a generic holiday inn .The room was nice and clean and although the hotel was fully booked there was no noise outside late at night which has to be down to god management . Reception was friendly and efficient The breakfast staff were also friendly and the buffet well stocked The only sight disappointment was the coffee which was tepid and smokey and difficult to get a second cup .This was minor and a definitely better than average breakfast experience

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you very much for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor following your visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel and facilities, I will pass your comments onto our Food & Beverage Manager relating to the coffee.
Your compliments regarding the staff and their service will be shared amongst the team.
Thank you once again and I do hope that you visit us again in the future.
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Yes I too would stay here again because the Holiday Inn provided good value for money - Breakfast was included and was good - rooms were clean and staff were curteous. They even had the third bed ready in our room which is usually forgotten by most hotels but not this one.
However guests should be aware that it is a bit way out of Oxford and if you are expecting to walk to the city of dreaming spires then you are mistaken. It is on the pear tree round about, woodstock. The confusion arose for me because woodstock ROAD starts in the centre of the city and goes on for 5 miles and holiday inn is on the other end. There are park and ride buses that take you into the city which is convenient though and if you have your car it is easy to drive in.
Do stay at the holiday inn but just be aware of this fact regarding the location.
Room service food was tasty, quick and well priced.
Internet cost 15 pounds or 20 euros or 20 dollars a day which I think is a pain to pay. don't know why but I feel internet is like air and it should be freely available everywhere including in your room - in this day and age paying for internet...tut tut...
Parking was ample and free which was very positive and although right on the motorway I must say their double glazing is excellent and the room was super quiet.
Yes I would go there when I just want to sleep in and not worry about parking and stuff.
hope this helps.

Room Tip: we were in the executive room which accommodated three people.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel and facilities - even though we were a little further from the City Centre than you expected!
Your compliments have been shared with the team and your comments noted regarding the internet charges. We do have different bundles available to suit guest requirements and these can be discussed at Reception.
Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Oxford.
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I checked into this hotel after a long week at a conference abroad and a terrible flight back into Gatwick. Upon arrival during the early hours of the morning, this weary traveller was greeted with a smile, efficient check in service and the key to a very nice room. I ordered from 24 hour room service and demolished the chicken and avocado sandwich which I can reccomend.

The stay in this hotel was professional, fanastic and the hotel has definitely earned its place on my list of preferred places to stay when in that part of the world.

My take home message to the staff is keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oxford.
It is always a pleasure to receive such complimentary feedback and I have shared your kind comments with the team.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back for future visits.
Epsom, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Great reception staff (who now greet me by name on arrival). Room and bedding clean, you know what to expect. Food and drinks usual high prices of a hotel, with food not being particularly good quality. Restaurant staff at breakfast friendly and efficient. Great choice of fruit for breakfast.
I stay away once a month in the Oxford area and over the last 14 years have tried many others in the area, but always come back here.
Unfortunately no free wifi, with high charges, but Hol inn express at kassam stadium has free wifi.
There is a waitrose, Starbucks and KFC on same site as hotel.
Road noise from A34 can be a nuisance if on the wrong side of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor and I am pleased that you enjoy your visits with us on a regular basis. Your kind comments have been shared with the team.
I have noted your comments regarding no complimentary wi-fi , however there are different packages available to suit individual requirements.
Thank you once again.

Been to Holiday Inn Oxford? Share your experiences!