Stayed for two nights the hotel is in a good location for walking round Oxford but a nightmare to drive to. The hotel is fine and all the staff are pleasant and very helpful . Dined one evening in the hotel the food was really good and again the waitress was lovely .
The not so good the room we had didnt have drawers which would be a problem if you we're there more than two nights , Also the net curtains in the room were very dirty, and the breakfast was expensive 15.95 and not that good . The hotel does have secure parking for 15 pounds a night a bonus in Oxford. Our second evening dining the reception recommended dining at quod
Very good can recommend it . Even with the niggles we would stay here again .
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Eastgate Oxford Hotel
- Mercure Eastgate Oxford Hotel Oxford
- Accor Eastgate Oxford
- Mercure Oxford
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally a 17th Century coaching inn, this 4 star hotel has 63 en suite rooms. The hotel is ideally situated for visiting the historic colleges as well as participating in the year round entertainment, including open air plays, river punting and the May Day celebrations. The main shopping area is nearby. Facilities are available for breakfast only. The hotel is easily accessible via M40, pay parking is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Mercure Eastgate Oxford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.