“Very convenent, comforable hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 - 13 Linton Road, Oxford OX2 6UJ, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Oxford
“Very convenent, comforable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

A very comfortable stay in this hotel which is close to Banbury Road which leads into St Giles and the centre of the city. Our compliments to the superb chef! The hotel is in the process of renovation so there were not enough parking spaces but we were given a ticket to use to park in the road outside.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

LintonLodge99, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for submitting your response on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel, Oxford. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a wonderful time in Oxford . I am sure that you will have seen the vast improvements being made to the hotel which are now near completion adding a superb Restaraunt and Bar as well as additional bedrooms giving us a light, bright airy contempoarey feel
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a better experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Review based on a recent stay in an executive room accommodating two people.

The good (yes just a single good):
Car parking is provided and walking to the centre of town takes around 20 minutes.

The bad:
The quality of sleep was terrible. The bed is narrower than a regular double bed, perhaps more like a single bed and a half. My partner and myself are not large people however it was very uncomfortable getting to sleep in such a tiny bed. When I pay for a room that is able to accommodate two adults, I expect to be provided with a bed that is big enough to accommodate two adults!

Furthermore the door to the room seemed to be ill-fitting and let in a reasonable amount of light from the corridor.

All this in an EXECUTIVE room - I shudder to think how bad a standard room compares.

A bit far-fetched calling this establishment a hotel - it's more like a B&B. After a couple of rather uncomfortable nights, we were more than happy to be checking-out after our stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I have noted your comments regarding the beds and apologise if you found the standard size Queen Double Bed too small. All of our new rooms as well as those being refurbished are haveing King Size beds put into them.
Flamborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The choice of hotel had not been mine - it had been booked by a friend in oxford for me. At the last minute my husband decided to come with me so I'd phoned the hotel to add an extra night and check the room was ok for us both. Having been assured that was fine, we arrived full of expectation - to be told the original room was a bit on the tight size for a couple. I feared the worst- but was told we could be moved to another room without any problem. I was delighted to find it was an spacious executive room with a view over the garden.
Lots of work seems to be going on to extend and upgrade the whole place, but this didn't really interfere with us or our plans. the hotel is well placed to be able to walk easily into Oxford, though it's also really close to a bus route so that's an option too. I was advised that parking in Oxford is best to be avoided and it does look pretty naff!!
Breakfast is served in the newly decorated restaurant, and offered a good selection of cereals, breads, fruit and cooked stuff with as much juice and hot drinks as you want. My only regret was there was no porridge on offer!
I'd certainly stay here again. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The location is good and we found it quiet at night as it's off the main road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back overlooking the garden
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
LintonLodge99, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a wonderful time in Oxford.
Im please that you enjoyed our new brand new Restaurant and the work, which is now nearing completion, ddidn't interefere with your stay.
I do hope that you will come back soon and see our fabulous brand new Executive Bedrooms as well as our fantastic new Reception, Lounge and Bar.
Brno, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed here for a week in 2013. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the hotel itself is located in a nice residential neighbourhood. The only major drawback is that the walls are paper-thin and I was unfortunate enough that a family with small children occupied a room just above the mine. You can imagine what it is like to be waked up early in the morning by children running around. The breakfast in the restaurant was very nice, but I would not recommend the restaurant for lunch or dinner. If I had to pay for the stay on my own, I would probably try to look for a different place, but for a short business trip it was ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LintonLodge99, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014

I am delighted to say that we have recently completed our Ground Floor refurbishemnt and now have an amazing light, bright and airy Restaurant, Reception and Bar which is radically different than before. We are also about to open our 15 additional Executive Bedrooms, all of which are fully sound proofed.

hereford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

As we knew before we booked, the hotel is undergoing major refurbishment and is therefore like a building site at the moment. A lot of dust and very little in the way of comfort in the bar/lounge or public areas .
That said, the room was clean and the beds fairly comfortable. It was for one night but I wouldn't stay any longer. Its about a 15 minute walk into town center, or as you enter onto the main road, buses are fairly frequent. The breakfast was quite good, a help yourself buffet (including tea or coffee )For the price (£85 for a twin room ) I would stay in a town center hotel and pay that little extra;at least until the building work is complete.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
LintonLodge99, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

We have endeavored to complete our ongoing refurbishment programme with as little disruption as possible to our guests. We have advised on our website of the refurbishment work being carried out but it is clearly a very fine line between advising potential clients or putting them off.

Once again my sincere apologies.

cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

It would have been nice to have been advised. Heating in the Executive bedroom inadequate, needed extra heater. No hot water in the morning. Very dirty back entrance to hotel. Cheerful staff, all young and foreign. Breakfast comprehensive albeit cooked part rather cool. Will be nice when finished no doubt.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Once again my sincere apologies.

BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!