“It is what it is, and that's ok for me!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #275 of 483 restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Asian
“It is what it is, and that's ok for me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Plenty to choose from, decent variety of cooked foods, sushi, raw foods for tapenyaki (cooked by chef for you) and ample deserts. I tend to always fill myself up on shredded chillie beef and see weed! Have never found any of the asian foods unprepared to satisfaction. Have known people to moan about the chips, but I don't go to a chinese buffet for english chips. Heathens...

My empty plate was always collected by the time I returned with my next helping, and it was never difficult to get a waiters attention for a drinks order.

Have been here 10+ times now, at relatively empty and much busier periods, and have never had a bad word to say about the place.

My only gripe is 10% service charge. Please, I will pay a tip accordingly. I would like my own waiter throughout my visit. I always tip a good job! They should have waiters to certain sectors of tables, so that you have your own one throughout your time there and tip THEM EXCLUSIVELY accordingly. Pool tips suck, they come off a card payment, and I'm not overly confident that the waiter/waitresses ever see them, especially where mainly foreign workers may be

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
“Poor show for a buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went to oxy as it was my sons birthday and he said he would like to go to a Chinese restaurant. We normally go to Cosmo in Swindon or reading and by comparison oxy was extremely poor. The choice was so limited and the food was not great. The rice did not appear fresh and smelt like it was on the turn the restaurant was half empty with no atmosphere. Will not go again and would not recommend it. Try Cosmo or global buffet as its now known

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
England
“Huge selection - huge price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've visited the "all you can eat" Oxy Oriental in Oxford a number of times. The selection is phenomenal and it's great fun to try some of everything. The bar was absolutely packed! The meal together with drinks runs a steep bill, so watch how much you drink! Overall, though, it's a great place to visit if you're starving.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
oxford
“Good choice and fair value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a midweek evening and it was fairly quiet but we found the buffet was well topped up and refreshed regularly and also had far more choice than other similar buffets we had been too. Plenty of choice for children Eg - chips , hash browns etc and good choice of desserts too. Drinks can be a little pricey but overall we were happy and would return.

Visited April 2013
Charlwood, United Kingdom
“Ate too much ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a large group (20+) for supper at Oxy and the general consensus was that everyone ate too much. So the food cannot be too bad. I thought the venue a little impersonal, but service was generally good. Fine dining it is not, but the range and choice is extensive and there is something for everyone.

• Visited May 2013