“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Claddagh Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
The Claddagh Guest House
You added The Claddagh Guest House to your Saves list
112 The Slade | Headington, Oxford OX3 7DX, England   |
Ranked #4 of 83 Oxford B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our 2 night stay was for convenience of hospital appointments.
The accommodation was found on the internet.
It is great location for local hospitals (especially early appointments) and for regular bus services to the centre of Oxford. No worrying about traffic and parking.
We were warmly greeted on our arrival by Mena, who proved to be a convivial host.
Our room was warm, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was delicious with plenty to choose from and fresh tea and coffee.
We would certainly stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have just returned from 3 nights enjoying the hospitality provided by Mena. The house was a haven from the worry of hospital visiting. The room was warm, quiet and spotlessly clean and although this was not en-suite there was a vanity sink in the room and the main bathroom was one of the best I have ever seen - again spotlessly clean.
Lovely breakfast and very congenial company with Mena making sure everyone felt at home. I am hoping to return to the Claddagh Guest House and actually explore Oxford as this would be an excellent base with easy access via very regular buses into the centre of the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Second stay Claddagh Guest House, visiting my daughter who is a student. Once again exceeded my expectations. Service is amazing and Mena is the perfect host. My room was warm, cosy and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was delicious with plenty to choose from with fresh hot coffee. Great location with regular bus service to the city center. I can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Buckingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband had a short stay at the Churchill Hospital, I stayed at the Claddagh Guest House, which I found on the internet, the room was sufficient to my needs, as it was extremely close to the hospital, room was generally acceptable, although a little more attention needed to black spots, corners of window and corner of shower! Mena was very helpful as we did have to juggle with our booking needs, due to husbands operation timings, also breakfast was ok. But we would stay there again.

Room Tip: From our room number 1, over looking a very busy main road, you are subjected to traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
kazzadave, Owner at The Claddagh Guest House, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Jude369,

Thanks so much for your review; you are indeed correct when you mention the hospital as I keep many guests who are visiting relatives, not sure however if 'hospital lodgings' allows the most complimentary image to spring to mind though!
As always it's useful to have a fresh pair of eyes to see the rooms and their inevitable 'black spots' so thanks for pointing those out in your review. They have been dealt with accordingly.

Many thanks again,
Mena
Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I spent 7 nights at The Claddagh while my wife was at the Nuffield Orthopaedic. My room was warm and comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. It is in an excellent position within walking distance of the Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital as well as a regular bus route to and from the city centre. The Claddagh Guest house is the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The owner is a fantastic hostess and very helpful. Highly recommended.
Thanks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

A spotlessly clean room with an en suite to match, warm, comfy bed, and an extremely welcoming host. The breakfast was taken with fellow guests around one central dining table, which was actually a very civil way to start the day, and the breakfast was great - a choice of cereals, yoghurt, and then a cooked breakfast to your choice.
The location was ideal for me as I was visiting family at the Churchill Hospital which was a five minute walk away, but it is on a main bus route if you are venturing in to the town centre.
The landlady, Mena, was so very welcoming and if I needed to stop in Oxford again I would not hesitate to come back to this lovely guesthouse.
Thanks Mena for making my stay, under very difficult personal circumstances, an oasis of calm comfort.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Warm, welcoming, quiet, comfortable and relaxing - just what I needed with a stressful day at the hospital ahead. Fellow travellers were chatty and friendly at breakfast, however I suppose the shared table at breakfast could be a problem if for any reason you are not feeling sociable. If I have to return to the John Radcliffe I will definitely be visiting again.

Room Tip: If money is no object, solo travellers probably should pay to upgrade to a double room - inevitably...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Claddagh Guest House? Share your experiences!