“Perfect Host” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Claddagh Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
The Claddagh Guest House
You added The Claddagh Guest House to your Saves list
112 The Slade | Headington, Oxford OX3 7DX, England   |
Ranked #4 of 82 Oxford B&B and Inns
North Yorkshire
“Perfect Host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just stayed at the Claddagh Guest House for the second time this year. Mena is the perfect host, and made us very welcome. Located not far from the centre of Headington, this B&B is convenient for this part of Oxford - and fine for bus routes or walking into the centre. Our room was nice and large, with a view out over the garden. The only problem is that there aren't many rooms, and it is very popular - so book well in advance!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Claddagh twice for 4 nights each time. I sayed in three different rooms and found them all immaculately clean.

The welcome was very warm and accommodating, I enjoyed my stay very much indeed.

My only criticism being that I did not enjoy the communal/family-style breakfast table (I need my own space to wake up). But on the flip side, it was a friendly atmosphere.

Overall I would recommend this B&B very highly indeed.

• Stayed February 2012
newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at Claddagh Guest house on the night of the 14th of July after a wedding. We are so thank full that we found this lovely guesthouse - it really was like home from home and would have loved to have stayed longer. There is a real sense of peace and serenity in the house which we noticed as soon as we walked in. The room we stayed in was lovely and clean and very quiet overnight. The breakfast in the morning probably made our stay! Three courses including a full english - very happy! My husband was especially chuffed that his eggs were done how he liked!
Thank you so much, Mena, for making us feel so welcome. You really give guests you time and attention yet in an non interfering way. We will be recommending to any friends heading to oxford!
Many thanks for you hospitality.
Jane and Ewan

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I decided to visit Oxford again for a weekend break. As the hospitality we were shown the last time we went to Oxford was so good we chose to stay with Meena at her b and b. as before the room was spotless as was the bathroom. After a late meal in Oxford followed by some comedy we returned to the guest house and slept like a couple of logs! Breakfast was superb, better than I remembered and Meena was as attentive as ever. I can't recommend Meena and her guest house enough. An excellent place to stay if you are ever in Oxford!

• Stayed July 2012
Tashkent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed at The Claddagh for four nights, June 29 – July 3. Mena, the guesthouse owner, was exceptionally welcoming, caring and helpful - the best hostess ever! She has that warm, kind and friendly personality that you just feel like sitting and talking. Mena showed me into my room which was heaven – airy, light, cosy, tastefully decorated and absolutely spotlessly clean. The bed was fantastically comfortable and I had a very good sleep. The en-suite facilities were ample, the bathroom was modern with all the little luxuries provided and the flat screen tv and free wi-fi were superb.
The location was perfect too – lovely and peaceful. It was also very convenient for the city centre as there was a bus stop just a minute away with really frequent busses into Oxford (a 10 minute ride).
The dining room was beautiful and had access into the pretty garden. The breakfast was generous and delicious.
On the day of my departure Mena insisted on giving me a lift to the bus stop for my trip to the airport (thank you so much, Mena!)
I can’t praise this place enough. I have been to Oxford five times before in different B&Bs, but I will definitely come back to this guest house next time I am heading to Oxford. It’s my favourite!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My wife & I stayed here prior to an early morning appointment at the Nuffield Hospital.
Mena greeted us with a very welcoming smile,as only the Irish can do.
Everything was as near perfect as could be expected ,including a breakfast to die for.We did not require lunch that day !!
Mena also obligingly let us leave the car whilst we attended our appointment at the hospital,which is only a few minutes walk away.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B guest house above any hotel of similar price range,I have stayed in.
Well done Mena---Keep smiling and Good luck John & Margie

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had a great one-night stay with Mena awhile back. The other reviews are by-and-large very accurate: what really makes the Claddagh Guest House is Mena; she's a welcoming, gracious, and helpful hostess. (She also makes great coffee.) Beyond that, I found my room to be clean and perfectly suited to my needs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Claddagh Guest House? Share your experiences!