“The staff make this place....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel

Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel
and 1 more site!
Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel
Woodstock Road | Moto Service Area, Peartree Roundabout, Oxford OX2 8JZ, England   |
Ranked #13 of 43 hotels in Oxford
Aberdeen
“The staff make this place....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

On arrival, there was a pleasant greeting. Second room still being cleaned, but we were able to leave our bags in the first one no problem.
Turns out that they were having a plumbing problem - water came out very brown and my Mum was not impressed with her green bath water. However, the plumber was soon finished and bottled drinking water was provided without delay.
I'm saying this because of an important fact - things can always go wrong, but what makes it completely OK is how the staff deal with it - at this Travelodge, nothing was a problem to the staff. They dealt with every request speedily and with a friendly style. Excellent customer service!
The rooms are a good size, showers great, plenty of pillows and tea/coffee.
Our rooms were not noisy or too hot, but we were at the back of the hotel.
Parking fees were completely reasonable at £6 for 48 hours.
Food available at services across the carpark and you are 500m from the park and ride into Oxford.

Room Tip: Ask for an east or north facing room in summer time.

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We needed a 1 night enroute stop over in the Oxford area and found that the hotel prices shoot up more than I would expect in the area during the Summer holidays - probably the same sort of percentage rise as a seaside resort. Having searched around this Travelodge was the best price I could get for the 3 of us.

I shuddered somewhat when I realised it is right in the service area but so tired by that stage that I was just pleased to get there! Unloading and parking was easy, although as others have mentioned, the way the parking works was not very clear - we thought you paid on exit but infact you need to pay your £3 at the machine in advance. Anyway, I haven't received a fine yet and the reception staff said it would be OK!

The rooms are clean, basic and yes very warm but not as warm as the corridor which we called the sauna and a fan was provided in the room. Everything in the room as one would expect from a modern Travelodge plus a bath with shower which is always a plus for me. Personally I am not a big fan of the Travelodge Dreamer bed and if you are not a firmer mattress person you may feel the same. The hotel Wifi didn't reach to our room - it was as far away from reception as it is possible to get so I used my mobile hotspot which worked fine.

There is no bar or restaurant in the hotel but you can use the Holiday Inn bar and dining facilities over the carpark - definitely book though it is a big and busy one. Infact we would have stayed there but the few family rooms they have had gone. You can also pay to use the Holiday Inn leisure facilities which work out around £15 for adults and £7 for children for 1 days use (don't quote me on that - just a guideline).

I do have to commend the staff at the hotel - I accidentally left my watch under a towel in the room and they were calling me about it before I even realised. Our son also accidentally took their room home in his bag (they are proper keys, not cards). We were quickly and easily able to organise an exchange of these items, and they sent my watch back to me very quickly (I sent the key back with an SAE for the watch).

The location is a little noisy, we were right by the 24hr petrol station but the next week I stayed in central London which was much noisier! We also felt secure in our room.

I would certainly use this as a stopover again, there is not a lot of easy and reasonably priced family accommodation this side of Oxford and being next to the Park & Ride is a real bonus.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed for one night due to having to attend a funeral in the area. The one downside is that you have to pay for the parking, but other than that we had a really good stay. Despite being just off a major 'A' road it's set far back enough that we didn't notice any noise from it. The staff were warm and welcoming, and very helpful. The room was in good decorative order and very clean. It was perfectly adequate for a budget room with all the basic facilities you could need. This stay has restored some of my faith in Travelodge :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
North Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Easy to find the hotel, you have to pay to park there and the staff didn't explain this fully on arrival. The room was a standard travelodge room but was very warm in there and as we were on the ground floor was unable to keep the window open! You can hear every footstep the people on the next level are making throughout the night and the corridor was extremely noisy throughout the night with inconsiderate guests. If this was a premier inn there would be a refund coming my way!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Cambridgeshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We booked three rooms here just for one night last week.

We were all happy with our room. Four of us thought the beds comfortable but two of us found them much too hard - my hips hurt for two days afterwards!

Great location for the park and ride into Oxford, very quiet rooms but they were very very HOT. The windows only opened an inch, I'd take a Phillips screwdriver next time to undo the window screw and let some air in. It was stiflingly hot. No air con, as in many refurbished Travelodges, which is a shame. It's the only thing which stopped me giving it 5 stars.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dortmund, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Looking for a two-nights-stay during our return-tour from Cornwall to Germany we found Travelodge Oxford Peartree and it fullfilled all our needs.
The family-room had space enough for 4 persons, the beads were comfortable. Room and bathroom were spotlessly clean.
A great advantage was the nearby park and ride station to Oxford.
Very good value for money!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for 3 nights in August the hotel is about 3mile outside of Oxford but right next to a park and ride bus station. The rooms are spacious comfortable and clean. The beds are king size and very comfortable tea and coffee making facilities are provided. This hotel is in an ideal spot for any one wanting to visit Oxford and surrounding area. If visiting Oxford again I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Oxford Peartree Hotel? Share your experiences!