We stayed here for one night, glad it wasn't any longer. We were asked to pay for the room upon arrival, a first for us. No wonder as I would think they might find it hard to get people to pay after seeing the room. The first thing I saw upon entering the room was a very stained armchair, it would have been better not to have had one in there. The carpet was very old and dirty and the bedcover left a lot to be desired.
I went to have a bath in the morning, there was no plug. So decided to have a shower which was in semi darkness as the bulb was broken. The water kept stopping and then coming out cold.
The manager 'does not work at weekends' my friend was told. Well one wonders what he/she does do when they are at work as they certainly don't pay attention to detail.
A great shame as it is a beautiful building in a great position and could be absolutely first class if it was well run.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the River Thames and the tranquil green fields beyond, The Red Lion Hotel, Henley-on-Thames offers the most sought after location in the heart of one of Southern England's most beautiful and affluent market towns. It is also home to the most expensive home outside London.With four spacious banqueting and conference suites and thirty-nine individually designed bedrooms, each with its own unique history and character, The Red Lion offers over 600 years of experience in service to some of the country’s most prominent figures.Superbly located just two minutes from the market square, The Red Lion rests just five minutes from the Henley Railway Station and a short drive to the M4 and M40 motorways allowing for excellent access to London and the surrounding areasOur dining room offers an outstanding menu, using only the finest seasonal and local ingredients.Our unique wedding suites make this the ideal venue for weddings and civil ceremonies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your The Red Lion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Hotel Henley-On-Thames
- Red Lion Henley On Thames
- Henley-On-Thames Red Lion