Location: fantastic area surrounded by countryside. There are also a number of pubs on the door step if you fancy dinner out. 15 miles to Oxford and close to Blenheim Palace
Hotel: amazing building both outside and inside. We also took full advantage of the use of the swimming pool and steam room / sauna
Room: not really in keeping with the communal areas of the hotel (quite badic) although refurbishment is clearly under way. Room is adequate and clean
Service: staff polite and the manager obviously cares deeply about the experience of the customers. Not sure all staff do though, I did ask for a couple of things to be sorted which never where such a shower gel in the room. There were glasses in the hallway when we arrived and they stayed there for 48 hours at least, not a big deal but didn't look very nice and the cleaners just ignored them. It took the manager to notice and pick them up! We also came back from a long day out to find we could not get into our room, took the long walk bk to reception to be told that 'its ok we can fix it' which was great but no apology or explanation. Little boggles but important stuff!
Breakfast: we didn't include breakfast in our package and I was shocked to be told it was 14.95 per person. I was therefore extremely shocked to be charged 20 per person at check out! Ouch! That's a lot for a buffet style breakfast which was good but nothing outside of what you would have seen at any other hotel at half the price.
Overall we had a good experience and the hotel is amazing inside and out. Rooms are a little rough around the edges but it looks like this being addressed. Breakfast is too expensive in my opinion but was nice. I would recommend this hotel for a short break in the country. If you fancy and evening out locally go to The Crown pub - great food and friendly service :)
- Also Known As:
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf & Country Club Hotel Chipping Norton
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf & Country Club Hotel
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf And Country Club
- Heythrop Park Hotel Country
- Heythrop Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heythrop Park Hotel is set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside and forms part of Heythrop Park Resort. The hotel is in a traditional 18th century mansion house and has access to the resort's extensive leisure facilities including an 18 hole championship golf course, spa and health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Heythrop Park Resort, Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.