“Great B & B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Burford B&B and Inns
Manchester England
“Great B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed with our family (son & wife and daughter & fiance) Friday and Saturday night recently to celebrate my 60th birthday and had a great week-end.
The hosts, Terence and Gemma, are very pleasant and make you feel really welcome. The Inn is delightful - just what you would expect of a rustic Cotswold building. Rooms are lovely and the whole building has a really cosy feel.
Breakfast was lovely, plenty of toast, coffee and tea - also choice of cereals and full English breakfast or eggs cooked any way you choose. Scrambled egg was delicious. Evening meal was also extremely good.
As it was my birthday on the Saturday the family took some balloons and banners and the staff kindly put them up in the dining room for when we returned from a walk and I was given a complimentary glass of bubbly!
Burford itself has some lovely shops and pretty countryside walks. Terence helped my son out with directions for a walk we were going on as he has good local knowledge.
Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Four of us have just returned from a 2 night break in Burford where we chose to eat at The Angel on Saturday evening. I can only repeat what I said to the Proprietors when we left: "lovely cosy pub with roaring log fire, genuinely warm welcome and excellent food not over priced for the area. Well worth a visit. Excellent wines and beer."

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

It was my partners birthday and her son and his girlfriend took us to the Angel in Burford for an evening meal. It was different to say the least. Our host seemed to be having an off evening which I don't need to elaborate on here apart from it was rather funny, or could have been a disaster if we were the more cantankerous type of customers. The food made up for the slight 'mix up' with our orders, in fact it was excellent. Burford has a lot of very good places to eat so completion is very high, I would have to say the Angel is well up with most of them. We have been invited back my the owner in few weeks time so he can show us that the service on our visit was a one off, and not up to his normal high standards, we will be going again, the food is well worth it and should all go well I will be delighted to up my review to five stars.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Monmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Called in on a monday evening when a lot of restaurants were closed. Had a pleasant supper of beer battered fish & chips served in a pleasant comfortable bar. Good range of local real ales including Hook Norton. An added bonus is that the Angel is dog friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Maidenhead, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Lunch in the garden, 16th August.
Good service, had the soup and a simple ham sandwich.
Very good soup, home - made, tasty.
Sanwich with brown bread, nice mustard, excellent ham.
Salad garnish, better than most, interesting taste.
Good value, enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I chose The Angel hoping for an oldy worldy,small friendly hotel in a great location for exploring Burford area or pottering at my leisure. That is exactly what I got. I was made welcome throughout my 2 night stay and found much to smile about. The Angel is full of character, lots of books and comfy chairs, a daily paper awaits you to relish over breakfast! My room was spacious and sunny, the double bed very comfortable, and I loved the window seat! Breakfast was particularly worthy of 5 stars- best poached eggs ever! Only small quibble: the shower takes a few mins to warm up and the taps in bathroom sink are unpredictable! Not a big issue, part of being an old building. What would be nice in the bedroom is a bottle or jug of cold water, especially as the weather was very warm and sunny during my stay.I'm sure my hosts would be happy to oblige any reasonable requests as this. No car park but reasonable off road parking. I parked outside the front of the hotel without problems for both nights. So overall I had a really lovely stay at the Angel and would thoroughly recommend it. The hosts are genuine and deserve to make a success of The Angel..its such a gem, a perfect place to unwind.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Haywards Heath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This small, friendly, privately run inn was very welcoming. The owner ensured that we were comfortable as we arrived on a rainy evening and so were seated by the open log fire while we pondered over the menu. The menu itself was reasonably varied but I thought the food was average and over-priced. I don’t think you could expect a friendlier and more personal service but if you are on a tight budget then perhaps there are better/cheaper alternatives.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Angel at Burford? Share your experiences!