“Welcome return” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Welcome return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We returned to La Capanna for the first time in a few years. It seemed as if it was only yesterday. Nice ambiance and still a good menu choice. The early doors menu is good value, but limited. Enjoyed our starters and my pasta main course was a good as anywhere else I had been. Reasonable prices make it worth future visits.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best Italian Restaurant in Nottingham Full Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Coming to this restaurant for years and the one thing is most important issue is the food which is always 100% excellent.. read the reviews about the decor & staff ! well if you want trendy decor and expensive go to Chino Latinos or Piccolinos .. they offer great furniture and wine glasses! its a rustic family style place you don't see anymore and to be honest with the staff , they have the Brilliant chef Toni who is one the owners and then Luigi, who does sometimes come across as little grumpy but is a very nice guy and if you don't take his harsh manner to heart! lol I don't think he can change at his age and Georgio is the lovely guy who always smiles and laughs. This place always has customers who appear affluent so they like me want an Italian restaurant serving just fantastic Italian food full stop! I do not mind the Gypsy Kings music too. Just try this place for yourself and see .

• Visited March 2013
Nottingham
“One of my favourite restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The lovely food is always good and really hot. My friends and family always like to eat there.
Never had a problem, the set price menu available before 7 oclock is amazing value. I don.t understand the bad reviews, all sounds very bitter, as if someone has an axe to grind. P

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Can people not make home made bread anymore?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Starters were okay, stuffed mushrooms and goats cheese but nothing special, all seemed pre frozen!!!! Correct me if wrong!! The wine came already open and a bit scruffy which tells me it's just filled up round the back from some box! And the pizza was terrible bought in frozen bases! Just make some bread people! Don't let me put you off as everything else looked great and herd good things abouth this place! But come on just a little fresh dough goes along way

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Fabulous restaurant with the best steaks I have ever tasted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We absolutely love this restaurant. The staff are friendly, the atmosphere is great and the food is delicious. I can honestly say that the steaks are the best I have ever tasted and I have tried steaks in many locations. I find it hard to believe the damning reviews that some people have put and can only assume they are bogus, maybe from other restaurant owners jealous that their food/staff/atmosphere does not meet the mark like La Capanna does. I celebrated my 40th birthday there last year with family & friends & although some of them live in Notts, I live in the South, so that is testament to how brilliant this restaurant is.
Can't recommend it enough.

• Visited February 2013