“Not a good experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #214 of 1,153 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The Curry Lounge is known for fantastic home cooked food, service that is friendly, polite and there when you need it. Every dish is cooked by a group of passionate Chef's as they would cook at home. 100% fresh, local ingredients with spices bought from back home, a real taste of Indian and Punjabi food.The interior is plush, modern yet extremely homely, as that what a visit to the Curry Lounge is all about, a home from home and comfort food!So, whether your on your own, a group or even a corporate function, you will expect the very best from what is regarded as on of the top 50 Indian restaurants in the UK as awarded by The Best of British Awards, along with a raft of local and national accolades. See you soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Well we were in Nottingham for the weekend and fancied a curry on the Saturday night (26.10.13) so we went round to the curry lounge around 10ish. I needed the ladies so went straight there. One cubicle was wet through on the floor and filthy and the other was full of toilet roll all over the floor but non on the roll. I went to wash my hands and then tried to dry them but the dryer didn't work. What a start I though. I went to join my husband and ordered whilst we were waiting a diner opposite decided to throw up over himself and brush it all over and then continue to drink his lager. The guys took him some tissues as he was dribbling all over We asked to be moved which we did just move to another table The guy brought my hubbies starter out but I felt little like eating as it had put me off. He said it was nice chicken though. Then our main course came out which was average but I,was expecting better with the reviews on here. A guy on a table on the platform then fell over and frightened me to death. A drunken guy then walked in with his pal and was then escorted out. We ate up and left. I was so anxious it was untrue. I was amazed the manager never came over an apologised for what had happened with the sicky guy but he just continued to polish the menus regardless. I would have expected him to come over and ask us if we were ok and at least saying sorry for what you had to look at even though I know it wasn't there fault that he threw up. A little pleasantries goes along way but none there. I wouldn't go again and I would say don't go at ten on a weekend as its not good. Did the manager care. I don't think so. The staff were nice enough but no apologies.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Curry-Lounge, Owner at Curry Lounge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi. Having spoken to the guys, i believe your review is a little unfair as the team responded as I would expect to. The customer who was unwell was unfortunate, as you said we are not to blame, the guys did move you to another table, and had to deal with the gentlemen without making him feel more uncomfortable or embarrassed. It ir regrettable but, in 7 years the first time it has had happended, so sorry you had to be on table next to it as did the staff on the evning in question. It would not have changed the scenario had a third member of staff apologised for something out of our control.
The gentlemen who was escorted off the premises was again, not seated and was asked to leave when he came into the restaurant, as not the type of client we allow into the restaurant as would spoil a guests expereince, again feel this was the right thing to do, or perhaps we should have let him dine like other restaurants in the city would have done. Thankfully, we do not encourage this. The guest stumbling on the step when leaving his table, I personally would have been more concerned they were OK and not how it affected my meal.
The staff made sure you wee comfortable thorughout your meal and apologise your expereince was not as we normally expect, whatever time you visit us. Raz

london
“Marvellous meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a lovely post-theatre meal here. We don't know Nottingham and stumbled upon the restaurant. The staff were lovely. I asked for something that wasn't on the menu and they did it for me. The food was really tasty, the best curries we'd had for ages. And they offered us a theatre discount. It was as pricey as any curry house we'd go to in London, but that's an experience we've found often outside the capital. All in all it was a great night. Loved the decor too!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Curry-Lounge, Owner at Curry Lounge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
It was lovely meeting you at the weekend. I am delighted you found us as we are so close to the Concert hall. Even though you did not know about the discount, its always great when we a customer mentions the theatre as we are partners with the TRCH in Notitngham am equally glad that the guys made the dish you wanted. The team always get a boost when we get such positve feedback. Hope to see you next time your in Notts or at the theatre. Raz
Derby, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visited early on a Friday evening and enjoyed a good meal with attentive staff.

It's a nicely furnished and decorated restaurant and the food was decent quality. The menu is not massive, but that's a good thing for me as often at Indian restaurants there is far too much to choose from. You wonder about how restaurants can maintain quality across the selection when doing dozens and dozens of different dishes.

Food arrived promptly and was well presented and tasted very nice. Had two vegetarian mains which kept the cost down, but even so, £40 for two starters, two mains, sundries and a couple of drinks each was reasonable enough value for a city centre venue.

No issues at all and would not hesitate in returning when In Nottingham again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Curry-Lounge, Owner at Curry Lounge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thanks you for your kind words. So glad you made the trip and you enjoyed your visit with is. See you soon. Raz.
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Didn't enjoy my visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went to the curry lounge as a big group of friends for someones birthday thinking it would be a nice place yet to realise what horrible people work there. When we were sat down which was quickly to be fair, our simple drinks order of pints all round was taken immediately yet came warm. However, around 15 minutes later our food order was taken yet to wait another 30 minutes after our pre warmed plates getting cold the food came which was very nice, still not worth the price they charge as i've had a lot better for less. After the food and delayed drinks service we sat there for another 20/30 minutes waiting for our plates to be cleared up which didn't go down well. we then asked for the bill on the 10% off deal if you follow them on twitter which we told them our friend told us about the sign on their previous visit, they however didnt give us the discount because we failed to tell them on arrival and had an argument for about 15 minutes where the manager got very rude and was determined to not give us even though nothing specifies telling them beforehand.
Service throughout the night was poor and waiters all very rude wouldn't recommend anybody to come to this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Curry-Lounge, Owner at Curry Lounge, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Jack, Jack, JAck. The only bit of this whole review which is actually true was the bit you did not get your discount. You gave false stories on 3 different stories or what i woudl call lies, to get a discount, the staff were polite and attentive to you all night, even getting the birthday boy a drink. When you were told no discount was valid as simply tying to pull a fast one, you let rip with abuse, bad language and behaved like a child who had been told to go to bed!
We are always happy to honour discounts when valid, but will not tolerate the kind of language towards any staff member. The fact you apologised for lying is a bigger insult to your friends who also, aplogised on the way out. As for the rest of your comments on delays etc, thank god our CCTV tells a different story.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent as always...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Me and my partner recently visited the Curry Lounge and as always the staff were polite and helpful, we started with the poppodoms and pickles which came out straight away, I'd say 15 minutes after finishing those our mains were brought out, both meals were hot and absolutley gorgeous!!! I have been here a few times and every single time I have had a wonderful evening and the food as never ever failed, Always spot on. I have eaten at many indian restaurants and this place by far is the best! I absolute LOVE coming here. The couple of bad reviews below were quite shocking to read and I myself have never seen or been treated like they claim to have, personally you will always get people who love to go out and try and pick fault with everything. Take no notice you will not be disappointed with this place :)

• Visited September 2013