“Best value in town” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 1,115 Restaurants in Nottingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eating out that's anything but ordinary. We bring a touch of French sparkle to everyday dining in Nottingham - join us for lunch or dinner, as well as special event evenings each month.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best value in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We visit this restaurant regularly and it never fails to disappoint. This visit was a pre-theatre one, and the two course menu is superb value for 13.90. I chose a beetroot and goats cheese starter, a favourite of mine, and this was fresh and tasty. The main was a beef bourgignon style dish, which was a very generous portion of tender good quality meat and vegatbles. The staff are always friendly, welcoming and attentive. This is always a winner for a pre-theatre visit as the service is so efficient, and when there is more time to spare, then the a la carte menu is a delicious treat also.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Le Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

United Kingdom
“Really Strong Nottingham Restaraunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've eaten here since its 'Pierre Victoire' days & it's never disappointed. I went with my other half for a quiet Bank Holiday meal and we had a raft of appetisers including fat juicy olives, (nice to see the inclusion of Eceau Eco water also) and my baked Camembert with pickles, chutney and baked breads was epic. My partners delicious Ham hock Terrine special was more than special.

On to mains, and I opted for a deliciously tender full chicken with some Pomme Frittes and it was possibly the best cooked chicken I'd ever had. Overloaded the carbs with a side of garlic potatoes which were small slightly charred balls of deliciousness! My partner had a mighty beef burger which again, was possibly the best we've had outside of Byrons.

Dessert was a cheese fest for me, opting for the cheese board, partner had a trio of desserts. All delicious and a bottle of house wine for £16 which was perfectly drinkable.

I can't really fault anything, even the waitress opted to wait until I'd finished throwing food down my throat before coming across to ask us if everything was ok.

My only 'comment' is the delicious chutney is seemingly served with every dish - starter, main & dessert. Lazy?

Anyway, Just under £90 for two people, so good value I felt, considering I was expecting a bill around the £112 mark.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Le Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your review and for your continued custom; it's greatly appreciated.
Birmingham
“Lovely food and great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We visited Le Bistrot Pierre today for a celebratory meal. I'd eaten here before as part of large groups and this was my first time as a couple.

We were seated promptly and the service was friendly and efficient. The lunchtime set menu offers great choice and value for money. The restaurant was almost full and there was a busy yet buzzing atmosphere. The food was cooked and presented well.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to others wanting a lovely meal in Nottingham city centre.

My only criticism/feedback is on the restaurant's booking policy. They won't accept bookings for lunchtime (unless it's for a large group) and for that reason I very nearly picked somewhere else. As the meal was for a celebration I didn't want to be disappointed. Not being able to reserve a table isn't great customer service.

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry you were disappointed that we don't take bookings for lunch at our Nottingham bistrot. We do like to hear from our customers and we hope we are able to welcome you back soon.
nottingham
“Love this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I took my cousin shopping in Nottingham and had to take her to Bistrot Pierre for lunch as its always brilliant. The food is always good and its such good value. I always eat here when shopping, if I can get in that is. Its so popular you always have to queue.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
“Good food, good value but disappointing service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We went for the early bird menu which was great value, I understand you have to be out in 2 hours however after 10 minutes of being there we had our drinks and starters. It felt very rushed. Our starters were taken away and within less than 5 minutes our mains were there already. We were also put right next to the toilets which was not the most atmospheric of places. The table felt very cramped as well. Overall we were out the door in just over an hour.

£52 for starter and mains for two inc wine. Extremely good value and good quality food but a little disappointed this time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for writing a review and I'm sorry you felt rushed on this occasion; please accept my sincere apologies. I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.