“Lost Us as Customers!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Lost Us as Customers!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was possibly the worst meal out we have had in Nottingham in many years. We were keen on TGI's until this experience.

I was going to give it a 2 on the basis of pleasant food but reduced it to a 1 for reasons you will see.

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon for an early dinner with the kids and the place was practically empty bar a small kids party (another arrived during our meal). There were plenty of servers available milling around and the manager was having a relaxed lunch in one of the centre booths.

We entered and asked for a booth and a child seat. The child seat was not provided so we had to ask some time later again but they did have good kiddy packs with stickers etc. Our server took a long time to turn up and when he did he seemed pleasant.........at first.

We were on the verge of leaving when our sever looked at our table and commented that we were still waiting. "Would you like me to see what has happenned to your food?" He asked. Well yes! 10 minutes later the starters arrived and we had barely started them when the mains were plonked down by some scruffy kitchen staff too. Just ready to get cold while we finished the first course!

The meals were on the Monday to Thursday offer menu and I assume this is why the starter portions were absolutely miniscule-I thought Ebeneezer Scrooge was supposed to have had the revelation by Christmas! If TGI's did then it was short lived! Despite the bad value the food was tasty so I resolved to give them a 2 for the food alone as the service had been non existent to terrible.

The kids wanted a pudding so I asked our server for a menu when he eventually got around to coming back. 10 minutes later he came to ask if we wanted anything. I said would it take as long as the rest of the food and he said he would do it right away. I said "OK, good because the rest of the service has been slow and poor." He replied "Oh Cool." We were gobsmacked so I told him that no it was not cool at all and he glared and walked off. The ice cream arrived promptly but the servers attitude had changed to a decidedly offish and cold tone. We decided we would never visit the restaurant again on the basis of this. We saw the (lazy) manager have a word with him and he brought our bill with a sour look on his face. I pointed out that he had left the ice cream off it and he said that it was on the house because of the wait, he did not mention this until I showed him which was odd.

Our server returned to the table just before we left and gave one of the most begrudging apologies I have ever seen for the poor service with the excuse that there had been 2 parties and it was too much. The rest of the restaurant was practically empty and the manager and several staff members had been lolling around in a slobbish manner doing nothing but gossip so the excuse held no weight.

TGI's have a real let down in this establishment and we will not be returning. If I was in control I would completely remove the staff and replace them immediately with better trained, more professional people. This was a very poor dining experience taking an hour and a half for a couple of burgers with starters served at the same time. Don't go, they don't deserve the business!

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Disappointing.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've been here 3 times. Once for a friend's birthday party where the service was alright but slightly lacking and the other two times I went with friends as they wanted to try out a TGI Fridays. Unfortunately I won't be returning to this restaurant due to unfriendly staff that gave poor service which led to cold food.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant relaxed lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Service very good although it did take about 40 minutes for the food to come but we were not in a hurry which was fortunate. Enjoyed the food and atmosphere although it is a little pricey which would mean that it is not a place that we could visit often.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Average food and quite slow service. Average price about £10 for a main but not worth it in my opinion. Drinks are also over priced and the restaurant was very noisy.

Oakham
“Pre Theatre 'Bite' to Eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location right opposite to the Theatre Royal which was perfect. Food was very good as was the service and even the price, but not awfully quick getting it!

The waitress did know we were on a deadline and did her best to help but still just under 30 minutes from ordering which made nearly 45 minutes from being seated.

Saying all that would re visit again.

• Visited November 2012