“Loved it here, great night” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 1,153 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Bistro Live is a live music restaurant in Leicester, Nottingham and Milton Keynes.A perfect venue if youre celebrating something like a hen night, birthday party, leaving do, Christmas Party - or anything really!The Food - We have a full time team of chefs that have been with us from the start of Bistro Live! Coming up with vibrant new menu ideas and cooking from fresh to order on the night of your visit. The Entertainment - With access to the very best live bands and party DJ's on the circuit, we make sure that the acts we choose will get event the most reluctant up and dancing!The Atmosphere - Is the best in town! You dont have to work for it, our fun loving staff will make sure you have an unforgettable night out!
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Loved it here, great night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food was O.K, the starter and desert was lovely but many of us didn't like our mains (all the pasta ones) but the chicken was really nice. The atmosphere of this place is amazing, we celebrated a birthday and the night was so good. Drinks aren't too badly priced and the staff are all so nice tbh the staff make the night! They were all really funny and friendly! would recommend a night here

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Bistro L, Director of Sales at Bistro Live, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi There

Thank you for a great review. I am really please that you 'loved it' and hope to see you again soon!

The staff are generally fantastic, really friendly people and really help to make the atmosphere.

I am disappointed that the pasta dishes fell short however. Is it ok for me to give you a call and find out a little more? I would like to know if it was the vegetarian dish, or the pasta with the meatballs.

I have set meeting with the Chefs to discuss this further.

Could get in touch with you number and I will give you a quick buzz? You can email on theresa@bistrolive.com or call 0116 262 1212.

I'm pleased the pasta didn't ruin your overall experience and hope to hear from you soon,

Theresa

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Glad I didn't pay the full amount!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We went for a friends Birthday, at first seemed fine nice relaxed atmosphere. But then when the food came it all started to go downhill. First of all a mini-cheese burger is not and should not be a meatball with a small bit of cheese on a square piece of bread cut from a slice. The soup also tasted like the pepper pot had been spilt over it and that's all I could taste. The table was too crowded, there was no where to put your drinks and the empty glasses were never collected. For the main course the pasta (which my girlfriend had) tasted like pasta and water, absolutely dreadful. If I had paid the full amount of money if would have demanded a refund for it. And my chicken breast came out on a bone, which is not mentioned anywhere in the menu and I can't stand eating meat off the bone. It was also small portion sizes. It was like they tried to give you a fine dining experience but got it completely wrong! Finally the pudding, there was no choice you got 3 tiny different puddings on a plate which tasted like they had been bought from a supermarket. Again, tried to do the fine dining thing and again got it wrong.
The entertainment was a disco night (friends choice) but by the looks of things we were at a children's school disco where the kids were out of control. I understand people wanting to have a good time and let their hair down but having someone stomp their feet on the table next to you while your trying to talk to someone is not the most pleasant experience.
The service was good except they just seemed to wave off any comment I made about the food and just didn't seem to care and multiple times I ordered a drink which didn't arrive and ended up asking 2 or even 3 times for it.
I don't normally write reviews but I disliked this experience so much I thought I would have to try and make people aware that it's not worth the discounted price I had paid. If I paid the full amount I would have demanded that I had the money back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hi There,

Firstly I would like to say how sorry I am that you didn't have a good experience at Bistro Live. We obviously got a few things wrong on this occasion.

We are not the kind of company that will shy away from negative feedback, and I will certainly be looking into the points raised with greater detail.

Is it possible for me to give you a call at some point? I would like to go through your feedback in a little more detail if that's OK?

You can contact me on 0116 262 1212, or send me an email and I will call you when convenient.

I am very sorry that you didn't have a good time and would like the opportunity to 'make it right'.

Kind regards

Theresa
Chesterfield
“Absolutely brilliant girls night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

16 of us visited the Nottingham night on Saturday 1st March. I have been once previously before and it was as good as I remembered! The place was packed so the atmosphere was great. The service was efficient and the food to a really high standard to say how many people they are serving all at once. Obviously the best part of the night is being able to dance on the tables! It is great value for money and the drinks are not overly expensive once you are in there. I can highly recommend this place for a great night out.

West Mersea
“The Power Of Bistro Live”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My partner Jenny and I visited Bistro Live as part of a celebration birthday weekend. I had been several times before so knew what to expect - Jenny had not. The madness was the same as ever and matched only by the friendliness and efficiency of the whole team there. Jack the Restaurant Supervisor is really polished and has great attention to detail. He manages to pull off the neat trick of making you feel special in a room full of over 200 other guests. Just what Jenny (at 54) and I (at 56) were doing dancing on tables and singing songs till after midnight is still a mystery and one which as the title of this review suggests is simply down to "The Power Of Bistro Live"

Anyone coming to Leicester and looking for a night of guaranteed crazy fun need look no further than Jack Ferguson and his team on Charles Street ....

• Visited February 2014
Leicester
“Bistro Live, Leicester - Good Food, Good Service & Good Company”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We bid for a table of 10 in a charity auction and got it for £100.00, so we were happy and £100.00 to a good cause.
Booking the table was easy and ordering the first round of drinks to secure the booking was made as simple as possible.
On arrival our table was ready and drinks set out for us, all evening we had excellent service, excellent food and good music throughout!
Would have been happy and feel we would have got value for money if we had paid full price per person.

• Visited February 2014