“Inconsistent” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
The Manor, Rugby Warwickshire
“Inconsistent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011 via mobile

Have been a regular at Squeek for years. It WAS a great restaurant - imaginitive food and good service. However twice in the last few months it has been awful. On both occasions we waited over 40 mins for the food to come.on our last visit after the long wait I was given the wrong order (as was a diner on another table) on both occasions the veg was very undercooked and inedible. When we complained on the last occasion we were told that it was because the owner was away! - GREAT! Our bill came to a VERY pricey £36 for a truly awful amateurish experience. I think after 7 years of patronage I won't be risking another visit to Squeek.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

nottingham
“oh dear”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

went for my birthday with 3 meat eaters (as im a veggie) and it was dissapointing, service was very poor and plates of food were just put on the table by the staff without talking us through what we were eating. no a great way to convince a meat eater to try again, the place needs a lick of paint and a good clean sorry but even me as a veggie was NOT impressed

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham
“Bland, unimaginative, mush.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

I went to Squeek with a vegetarian friend and an open mind. I was hoping and expecting to be served a feast of modern, fresh and tasty dishes that would wipe away all my preconceptions about vegetarian food. What I was actually served was three courses of appallingly dull, uninspired, lazy, ugly, overcooked and unseasoned mush. A sad and disappointingly thorough reinforcement of why I continue to eat meat. On the plus side the service was very friendly - if not very knowledgeable (she turned out to be a fellow carnivore!)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield
“Expensive even for an organic restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

After reading the reviews was looking forward to going. However, was disappointed by the food, too much oil used. After my husband and I had finnished the main there was still loads of oil on the plates.
I fell that £11.95 for a main of stuffed pepper with some potato stew and salad was well overpriced. Wines and beers were nice and better priced. The restaurant had a cosy feel to it, service was good. Though overall the facilites are not that of an 'al a carte' restaurant and so it felt over priced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Hmm. Went with some vegan friends who absolutely rave about it. I'm a meat eater and to be honest it was all somewhat...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Hmm. Went with some vegan friends who absolutely rave about it. I'm a meat eater and to be honest it was all somewhat lost on me! However pleasant enough.