“Great pub grub” 5 of 5 stars

+44 115 947 5044
Improve this listing
Ranked #483 of 1,146 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Fat Cat Cafe Bar offers eclectic British cuisine, and an impressive list of cocktails, bottled and draught beers and wines from around the world. Tasty favourites on the menu include 3 Hour BBQ Pork Belly, bangers and Bubble and their famous burgers. Exciting meal deals are available in addition to a special 'Little Kittens' menu for children.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great pub grub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Been to Fat Cat to eat and drink at lunch many times over the years as local to my work. Food is always of good quality. Staff very friendly and remember what we drink which is a good touch.. Burgers are spot on and would certainly recommend. Large place with a nice outdoor area on the street.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Yummy munch with the wifey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Went there with the woman of my dreams - the service was below average. We waited 30 minutes for our food to come which ended up being incorrect. However when the food came wow - without a doubt the best full English I've had ever had in my life. Accompanied with the dough ball - best described as a symphony of flavours satisfying the taste buds! Recommend!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nottingham
“Worst service ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Was here on a ladies night with eight other women, and two of the women hadn't showed up and were half an hour late for our meal. We were asked as soon as a few of us had arrived if we wanted drinks but wanted to wait until more people had arrived, after half an hour they hadn't checked even though more people were there if we wanted to order drinks. We had pre ordered because we were classed as a large party, but when she came over finally we were informed that we hadn't chose off the ladies night menu even though we'd previously been told when booking to order off the regular menu and that we would still get our free cocktail with the deal. The manager said everything was fine and to go ahead as normal but hadn't checked as he was downstairs. After half an hour a waitress came over and said that we would have to wait an hour for food as they had a party of thirty in downstairs and that we had missed our slot! She never once came over before and checked with us, and didn't give us an option to change our order. We went ahead and ordered even though the rest of our party hadn't arrived, we still hadn't been offered drinks. When we finally had, they made them and left them on the bar for ages. Starters didn't take too long but were slammed on the table and left quickly. Starters took ages to clear and mains took absolutely ages to come out, they never offered us more drinks while we were waiting and stood chatting at the bar. The food was really lovely and good value for money when we finally recieved it. When we were paying the bill, the bill was obviously wrong and they had charged us more, the waitress argued that it was what we had been told previously and didn't understand our point of view. We said she had been rude the whole time and the service had been disguisting, she also disagreed with this and said she had been attentive and had given good customer service. I had a waitress job up until a month ago and I know that you never talk down to the customer and they're always right so I was disgusted to be spoken to in this way. We finally got the manager, who didn't really understand what was happening and the the waitress went behind the bar talking to her colleague about us while the manager was trying to sort it out! I would never return here, the service is really disgusting, the staff don't understand their menu's, the manager even seemed a bit clueless to how angry we were and never offered us any cocktails on the house or any incentive to come back. It is a shame as the food is actually nice, and for a place like this I didn't expect it. Don't ever go.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The tastiest red mullet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went here to celebrate my future hubbie's Mum's birthday as they had been before. The service was excellent. I had never been before and thought it was a good establishment. The only thing I could find faultwith, was being placed next to the noisest table in the room. We were just 4, enjoying a nice meal and could barely hear ourselves talk. There was plenty of room in the restaurant, so I think the waitress (who didn't really greet us with a warm welcome) could have thought a bit more about our placement.

Saying that, the food was great. Good prices and selection. My partner thought the food had can downhill since their last visit which was a year ago, as the chips they had last time were fat, generous, looked handmade. This time it was just fries. I couldn't complain though. I order the red mullet with pak choi and herb rice, and it was one of the best meals I have had. Never tried the fish before, and it was cooked to perfection. This has to be my favourite fish now. Reckon I had the best dish out of the 4 of us.

My partner and his Dad ordered the surf and turf. Both happy with their meals except the fries. His Mum enjoyed her chicken pasta dish (although thought there was just that little bit too much pasta). No-one needed desserts after and with it being a birthday party, we got discount also. So the meal was only around £33 for the four of us. Excellent value and what a great idea for birthdays. We didn't know about this discount, until we got inside and saw it written on a beam.

I would quite happily recommend this restaurant and go back there again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great deals to be had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited Fat Cat on a Wednesday night and they had a Grill Night menu on. This was a choice from the menu for £12.95 and I got half a bottle of wine included with this. I went for the tenderised steak which was very succulent and juicy with all the trimmings and the flavoured butter complimented the dish totally. The staff were very attentive and catered to my every need with the place buzzing with people enjoying cocktails which were 2-4-1 until 8pm. Will be back again as most nights there was an offer for everyone.

Visited April 2013