“Good food, Mercurial Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #181 of 1,101 restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Brazilian, Mexican, South American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Long Eaton, United Kingdom
“Good food, Mercurial Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I arrived with a friend looking for some where decent to eat in Nottingham on a Saturday night with no booking; luckily we got there before a lot of there reservations for the evening had started and where quickly shown a table. however no one came to take our order and as time was a factor (we only had about an hour before we needed to be else where) my friend had to call over a passing waitress so we could order. The waitress was very friendly and helpful and the food arrived very quickly, which was a pleasant change to many establishments; in fact I don't think it could have been any faster. The food was excellent, tasty, well presented and very hot (my friends food was still sizzling on the plate); as we where quite hungry, we would have liked bigger portions but the quality of the food was good. Our waitress checked that everything was ok and asked if we wanted to see the desert menu which we didn't have time for; I asked for the bill but that took about 15 minutes to arrive and then no one came to take our payment so my friend had to head over to the staffs cash till to get someone to take our money. Overall I was pleased with my meal, there was a good atmosphere, music was playing but not so loud that it drowned out conversation and the tables were well spaced so you had privacy to eat and talk. Service was good when it arrived but we did feel a little forgotten about at times. I would certainly eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Nottingham
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I took a young American friend of my sons for her birthday and some guests in June as I'd been to her equivalent in Washington state and thought Las Iguanas here was much better based on past visits. I was very disappointed. The food was bland and dry, they had no draught beer available so we ordered expensive bottles and the waiter knocked mine over without offering to replace it. I posted a feedback card telling the company about this and heard no more. Pity as I'd told her how good Las Iguanas was and had sung their praises. Voted with my feet since then and won't be back in a hurry if they're not bothered about a once loyal customer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Nottingham, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your visit back in June. We have had a management change recently which I hope may persuade you to come back and give us another try as I am confident that your previous experience in the summer was a one off. We do respond to feedback cards which come back to the office where necessary and if we have all the contact details. I'm afraid however that it's very difficult to check that back now after so many months but if you would like to contact me on lucy@iguanas.co.uk with your name and trip advisor ID we can see what we can do. Lucy- Las Iguanas
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I came here with friends for a works night out, we booked a table for a Friday night, it was busy but nothing you wouldn't expect from a Friday night. We at to wait at the bar before going to our table, this wasn't an issue as it gave us time to get our drinks.

The food was good, it was a bit noisy for me but again its Friday night. Id recommend coming here but probably during the day. The price wasn't too bad either.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
derbyshire
“Family birthday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went with close family to celebrate my husbands and my birthday. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The service was excellent with careful consideration given to pleasing the needs of our three young grandchildren. Everyone enjoyed their food and the choice was wide ranging. Would not hesitate to repeat the experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“complete and utter let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I booked a table for my husbands birthday for 7 guests. I took a cake in at lunchtime and spoke to the manager regarding this. Then it went downhill. We arrived for our booking at the correct time only to be told our table was still occupied and the guests were still on their mains. It was told to me by the manager I saw at lunchtime very matter of factly and had no compassion or understanding of the impact of this. There was no suggestion of a free drink or bottle of wine or any gesture to keep my business. He simply did not care. When I challenged him he completly went defensive. I had to take the surprise cake and my guest's to another restaurant who looked after us superbly. To sum up avoid this restaurant until at least the manager has been sacked and they implement better restaurant proceedures. Dont get me wrong I have been to this restaurant before and now they have lost any future business of me or my clients

Visited September 2013
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Nottingham, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi Lisa, I'm sorry to hear that we have let you down on this visit. I would like to arrange for the area manager to give you a call and would be grateful if you could email me with a contact phone number and your Trip advisor ID to lucy@iguanas.co.uk. many thanks, Lucy- Las Iguanas