“Would not return 1/10” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Would not return 1/10”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I've never stayed here, and I would not return.
To start ; on entering room, stained/marked dirty shabby carpet. Window was filthy ! Smears & marks all over. NO mattress protector- short black curly hairs all over mattress&bed sheets- and stray hairs on bed side shelf. The heating only worked on one setting! All of the pillows were odd shapes- with pillow cases that didn't fit !
Bathroom- the shower head was blocked with a lot of lime scale . Massive leaks/holes in the shower hose- so the water sprayed every where- but the head! both liquid soap bottles were EMPTY. Bottle in bathroom was hanging off wall! Extractor fan didn't work and was thick with grey fluff&dirt ! The whole bathroom needed a good steam clean to remove the ground in dirt & stains.
A guest thought it was a good idea to smoke in their room at 2:50AM, so the fire alarm was going off for 20mins!!
The carpet in the corridor is falling apart- covered up with masking tape all over and it crinkles under your feet ...! Only one lift working. We didn't bother to stay for the breakfast that we had paid for- and when we left and handed our key in- we weren't offered an apology for the fire alarm and weren't asked if we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 01159853600/ H6160-gm@accor.com

Kishor Tahiliani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Chatham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed at this hotel when taking my Daughter to see University's in Nottingham
She stayed on campus so my husband and I took a double room.
The Location is ideal as it is just across the road from the nice part of the center with all the restaurants, bars and shops close at hand.

The hotel give you a reduced rate on parking at the multi story car park opposite and as parking is quite an expense this really helped.

The rooms are quite small but well designed, with everything you need.
The room was also very quiet considering its position on the road.

The air con/ heating unit is controlled in the room, so no overheating.

Shower was powerful and plenty of hot water.

Didn't have breakfast as went to local pub for a late breakfast.
Would go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel booked for friends 60th ideal in the city centre, paid for a double got a twin room but made do. Nice clean room comfortable bed. Don't expect to get much sleep at weekends as it's used by lots of stags and hen parties

• Stayed February 2014
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us.
I apologise on the behalf of other guests for any disturbance caused to your night's sleep. Our staff are available 24 hours a day to attend to any problems that may arise.

I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Sutton Coldfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Location is very good, 10 mins walk to train station & 2 mins into town centre. Plenty of restaurants in easy walking distance & Tesco express right next door. Bus to University(34) stops right outside the front door. Check-in was pleasant experience with local map supplied & key areas of interest drawn on it for us. Room was clean & functional as you'd expect for the price. Bed surprisingly comfortable & shower in en suite pod very roomy & powerful. Only basic gel provided so glad brought own shampoo etc. Hairdryer, kettle & tea/coffee supplies ample for needs & extra milk supplied by reception on request. Carpet looking tired & stained in places but hey, hadn't booked or paid for the Ritz. All in all, a good option for a budget city stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

NZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Spacious clean rooms hitch was very handy to the motorway.
Rooms were quiet and the beds comfy, nice and warm in Feb
Getting a bit dated but it is still a good option and we enjoyed our stay
Dinner was ok, the bar and serving staff were attentive and pleasant

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Excellent location, friendly staff and comfortable beds. Power shower is amazing, best shower I've ever had, and my other half can't stop talking about how much he misses the power shower. My only gripe is that the shower gel in the shower was empty on arrival and not filled during our stay. Also no hair dryer in our room as adverstised, but no biggy as reception gave us one. We would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kishor T, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, February 13, 2014

Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I actually really enjoyed my stay here at the Ibis Nottingham - we were given a lovely room which had a comfy bed and was very clean. However, I accidentally left a pair of gold earrings on the bedside table which I only realised once I had got back home to Coventry, but when I got in touch with the hotel about this they said they had not found any earrings - who has them, then?! Think one of your housekeeping staff may have pocketed them which you don't really expect to have happen at a big hotel chain. Never mind the fact that I had to email you twice about this and phone twice before you got back to me. Lovely hotel but customer service could be a lot better.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 324 which was a lovely room and nice and quiet.