“A bit pricey.” 4 of 5 stars

115 - 966 3642
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 1,102 restaurants in Nottingham
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Nottingham
“A bit pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Food excellent, as was the service..but felt it was a bit pricey!

83% Recommend
UK
“Variable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The food can be good, can be average. Service can be good or indifferent. Great location and parking.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Poisoned my mother - people with allergies stay away !!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My mother is a coeliac, which means that she can't eat flour.We went in a big party and PRE-ORDERED our food. They were fully informed about her medical condition and still managed to serve her food containing flour. She is currently being violently sick in the toilet and having extreme cramps in her stomach as i write this.

So for a 'award' winning place this is a complete and utter disgrace. That they were so pathetically organised that they can't even mange to serve food correctly when pre informed. I recommended that anyone that has a diet or alternative needs then a standard menu does not even consider this place as a choice as they will most probably fail miserably to fulfil your expectations.

My sister has already phoned them about this matter to which they have replied as 'human error'. People with peanut allergies should obviously not go here as you may not walk out alive. It may sound dramatic but would you trust these people to provide food for other specific medical conditions?!?!?!

Visited December 2011
Robintombrowns, Owner at Tom Browns Brasserie, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
We as a restaurant are always very accommodating when it comes to special dietary requirements. We deal with this situation on a daily basis, so I was very upset to learn of your mothers allergic reaction at our restaurant, we take these issues extremely seriously and this is an isolated incident. All of our procedures have been reviewed and we have now updated our website and per-order system so this cannot happen again. On the website order form, all customers with allergies who have pre-ordered meals, will be advised to make themselves known to the management on arrival at the restaurant.
“They know how to get it right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011 via mobile

I went to a live music night with some friends, and I can honestly say I had the best night in a,long time. The food and service was excellent and the band that was playing was amazing!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Lunch time delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My Wife,Daughter and I have visited Tom Browns several times in the past and have always been extremely satisfied!
On this occasion,it was just my Wife and I and it was a 'first' as we had never dined here at Lunch time before!
What a nice experience!
The 'Earlybird' Menu is available at for lunch and is more than sufficient to satisfy our culinary needs!
The menu is changed monthly and there is a choice of 3 to 4 dishes on every course! The best thing about Tom Browns is the freshness of the food,most ingrediants are locally sourced and the food is seved quickly and efficiently by the very young staff.I have no complaints about the quality,temperature or presentation of the food,but I do feel that sometimes the portions are a little small,yes,there are plenty of side orders to make the meal larger,but in my opinion the original portions are a little small! They are however delicious and make me return time after time.
The A la Carte menu is very extensive and there is a good if 'unspecialised' wine list
The restaurant has a nice low key but classy feel to it,something which it,s sister restaurants in Farndon and Nottingham lack!
All in all,a very nice restaurant,consistently good and well worth a visit,particularly at lunchtime

• Visited December 2011