“A cruise on land?” 5 of 5 stars

Bexhill
6 attraction reviews
“A cruise on land?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Lovely grounds and setting. Great spa & pool. Good food and good evening entertainment. Quiet corners to get away if you wanted a quiet read. Archery great fun!

Visited November 2011

England
37 attraction reviews
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

very relaxing time and lovely surroundings. we did a session in the twilight hours special offer

Visited November 2010
90 attraction reviews
“Great place nice location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Been here a few times as a treat as quite expensive but does have good facilities.

Nottingham
“A real let down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

My partner and I went to Thoresby for a morning spa session and had booked in for treatments too. It is quite a walk from the hotel reception to the spa, corridor after corridor but we're only in our 40's so not a problem for us. We were given gowns and shown to the changing rooms which were pretty cramped and with lockers the size of postage stamps. They had booked all the ladies into one area of the lockers so we were all battling above each other's heads and bodies to get into our own lockers. Why don't they space them out for ladies? odd.

The spa area is adequate, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi. This area smelt a little bit drainy and looked a little tired. I didn't fancy going in the big jacuzzi pool in there, it looked a little murky for my liking. The foot bath is a waste of time. You have to sit with a tap on to fill it up, it takes a lifetime. We gave up and didnt bother using that (and so did many others).

The relaxation area is nice with settees and apples, oranges and water. Shame there isn't waitress service in there. I could see a group of ladies on a hen day that perhaps would have liked a bottle of champagne. We would have liked a nice latte or afternoon tea in there (maybe I have been spoilt with Eden Hall!).

We both booked body scrubs and body massages. The treatment rooms are very small and a litle bit cold, but ok. My treatment finished 10 minutes early, yet I had still had to pay full price! That is so annoying. I am a therapist myself and I never finish my client's treatments early, never. The massage itself was ok, I had mentioned the stress and knots in my neck and shoulders, but this fell on deaf ears and was followed by soft sweeping strokes that didn't really hit the spot.

Lunch is not included in their spa days so we had to get out of our gowns to get dressed to then go to the bar for lunch. We sat outside in the sun which was nice. There seemed to be 3 waitresses on duty, none of which knew what food belonged to what table. My warm baguette was taken to 3 other tables before it reached me and we had about 7 meals offered to us that weren't ours. How can this be so disorganised?

We then had to go back to the changing room and put the gown on again to continue our spa day.

I think I will leave this trip as a one off and go back to what I know is best - Eden Hall.

Visited July 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing facial”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Book a facial and ask for Jeanette - she has magic hands! Absolutely amazing.