“Our Wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Colwick Hall Hotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Colwick Hall Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Colwick Park | Racecourse Road, Nottingham NG2 4BH, England   |
Ranked #25 of 59 hotels in Nottingham
Nottingham, England
“Our Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I have to acknowledge some previous reviewers' comments about Colwick Hall being geared up for functions/weddings/parties etc.

Our wedding was held here last weekend, and I cannot fault the staff, the service, the amazing food cooked by Chef Lee. The whole day was perfect. We stayed in Lord Byron. A huge room, perfect for the bridal party to get ready in. Tad on the expensive side for the rooms, but great comfy beds, and a fab bathroom. It's quite warm, but being a listed building aircon was refused. The windows open plenty to let the air in.

I know my husband and I will be regular visitors. It's the perfect wedding venue!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear lermer100

I am so pleased you had a fantastic wedding at Colwick Hall hotel. Thank you for your wonderful review of the food, facilities and impressive bedrooms.

I have no doubt passed your kind words to CHEF and we eagerly await your return. Please bear us in mind for all your forthcoming celebrations - birthday, anniversary or just a reason to splash out.

From all the team here at Colwick, we wish you a very happy New Year.

See you soon

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Wootton Bassett, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife and I visited Nottingham and found Colwick Hall on the Web. We checked all types of Hotel, for our stay and decided on this one for its History.
We were not dissapointed
A warm welcome from the staff on arrival and departure. Plenty of free parking, one thing most other hotels didn't have, and lovely grounds.
The room was at the top of the Hotel with only a small window,though it was spacious and well equipped,(Robert Burns) Hey we were only staying for one night.
The breakfast was fantastic! The chef having set it out on the plate with military percision,( as an ex military man) I could not fault it.
We had a small tour around the rooms in the morning which was very nice and imformative.
All in all a very nice stay at a very good price, £49 with breakfast.

Dear Wayne L

It was a pleasure to meet you and thank you so much for your fantastic review of Colwick Hall.

I am so happy you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed every aspect of your short time with us. We hope to see you again soon and maybe even spend a few more days this time. We will feed you well (Promise!) and there is lots to see in the area, not to mention our very own Abba tribute night on Sat 19th Jan.

Take care
Rainham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have been staying at Colwick Hall for several years when I visit the Nottingham area.
I travel a lot with my job and can quite honestly say it is one of the best places I stay.
The staff are always friendly and courteous, the rooms are large and unique, the food is excellent and the service impeccable.
What more can I say apart from keep it to yourself, I don't want my room to be booked out and have to stay at the Jury Inn!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We arrive and all was good, room was fab, but as we explored, the place lost its charm. We asked about menu and could only have a 3 course Christmas meal! We can't eat 3 courses. The bar lacked atmosphere, then party guests began to arrive. At 10:30 the piano was so loud, we turned tv back on and increased the volume, we had an early start and needed sleep, so this was a shame, also rock hard pillows. The car doors were still slamming at 05:30 and broken sleep all night. As we checked out, we was asked to pay again! We had opted to pay the day we arrived and it was not recorded, we stayed in the beethoven room, on the 13/12/12 not the best experience. We felt the place was for events and not really an every day visit to the area.

Room Tip: Check for special events, if you are not going to it, then steer clear.
Bergerac, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Ist trip to Nottingham, for business and pleasure.
Lovely historic building ( Lord Byron ) opposite the racecourse!
Well mannered and courteous service in the relaxing bar and restaurant,--the Singapore Sling cocktail ( Raffels hotel ) is wonderful!
This hotel is capable of so much more with it's history, location etc and that will require a lot of investment to keep it standing out from the crowd, but it appears to be heading in the right direction, ----enjoyed the difference, --please keep it up!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed for a night in the Mozart room and can only say what a fantastic place it is. You could stay in a sterile, corporate, identikit box for the same money, but that misses the point. AT Colwick Hall you get a massive room and similarly sized bathroom in a grade 2 listed property. I'ts over 200 years old and that is it's charm and it's flaw, it couldn't possibly be as grand as it once was and only charge what it does to stay there. So take a pragmatic approach to your visit and you'll be pleased with what you get. A stay in a beautiful romantic house. Read some Byron and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the Superior rooms, the Mozart was lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Impressive exterior as you drive up to the hotel. Friendly efficient check in.
Huge superior room, amazing bathroom ! Very luxurious. Comfy bed.

I think the standards of this hotel are not quite a 4*, but I enjoyed my stay so much I would rate it as very good.

The negatives:
Some peeling walpaper - and bare walls around radiators.
No batteries in the DVD remote? TV remote not working properly. No listing of channels so had to guess the numbers as the channel button just operated the radio channels?
No breakfast room service menu, had to call for it to be sent up to request our room service in the early hours on returning from our evening out.
Staff on reception - the dark haired lady was very good, efficient and friendly but the young girl at checkout was complaining openly about being at work at that hour, and was huddled around a radiator grumbling about the cold? Not what you would expect of front of house staff at a 4* Country House Hotel

A true 4* wouldn't have the negatives above, which is I believe why this place isn't ranked higher in Nottingham.

I think as a 3 * you wouldn't be able to find fault and it would shoot up the rankings.

I can see why some are disappointed with the standards, but I would return especially at the price !

Dear feebee7

Thank you for taking the time for the review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Colwick Hall.

I have passed your kind comments to the team and the maintenance have also picked up on your points - so thank you for bringing them to my attention.

We very much look forward to serving you again when you are next in Nottingham.

Kind regards
Selva

Been to Colwick Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!