“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dakota Nottingham

You added Dakota Nottingham to your Saves list
Dakota Nottingham
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Lake View Drive | Sherwood Park, Nottingham NG15 0EA, England (Formerly Holiday Inn Nottingham - Sherwood Park)   |
Ranked #32 of 57 Hotels in Nottingham
Boston, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Read the previous reviews and some negative opinions. I personally think that the hotel is lovely and the staff were excellent and couldn't fault them. The hotel is smart and nice decor. The rooms are smart with everything you need. The bathroom was clean and posh. The receptionist greeted us with a smile and checked us in with no fuss and started the stay off in the right way. I misread the time for breakfast and got down 5 minutes after they had stopped and packed away. I have to say Ruth on service was brilliant and rather than telling us we had missed it she had a word and got us fresh coffee and sorted a hot breakfast. It made our stay and I will certainly look for stay again because of the service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NOTSP, Manager at Dakota Nottingham, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Many thanks for the kind review

Hope to welcome you back soon

Steven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked this hotel through groupon. Alltogether with the executive room upgrade of £15 it came to around £60. Oringinal price for one night seemed very expensive so we thought this to be a great deal and the hotel must be fantastic. We was wrong. First impressions were good, nice exterior, even better interior. When we got to the desk the young girls couldnt even find my booking. When we eventually got to our room after getting into a lift that STUNK of sick, it was rather average. Tv looked good, but when we turned it on we found it only had channels 1-5 and a couple of sports channels, and no guide. We decided to go to Nottingham town for our dinner as the prices for the bar and grill were extremely expensive. I had a shower when we came back and noticed the shower was very hard to turn on! As we settled down that night and made do with the channels we had, we heard VERY erotic screaming and banging coming from the bedroom next door. This was EXTREMELY disturbing, we did not want to hear people having sex as you can imagine. This lasted a good couple of hours, and then as we thought they had stopped, the same screaming sounds came from the room on the OTHER side! Absolutely disgusting. We woke at 9am and she was at it again! Disgusted, we got ready and went down for breakfast. There was no big plates, so we had to make do with a tiny plate hardly bigger than a saucer!! food was luke warm, very average. When we went to check out the girl tried to charge us for wifi that we never even used! We will not be returning to this hotel, or should i say wh**e house!

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and I was really disappointed. I have told my friend who is a Hotel Inspector and she and her partner have decided to see for themselves as they do not live far from there. She says she will go at the end of April or in May. Thank goodness!! I stayed here as someone bought me the deal online and I now feel they had wasted their money. Its a shame because it seemed so nice online and has great potential. I am hoping my friend will be able to speak to the manager and also get her department to do something about the standard of each aspect I have told her about.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Haslemere, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This could be a nice hotel, but sadly all the little details spoil it.

My arrival was met with a pretty uninspired and uninterested check-in lady.

There are two lifts. Both are dead slow (one broke down for half my stay) and the other had been sick in and stank - which seemed a surprise when I mentioned it to staff.

My room was fine, modern, clean. Very warm, and the air conditioning was too noisy to allow sleep.

The water from the cold tap ran hot for 2 minutes. When I mentioned at check-out the staff said that it was a design flaw and if I had complained earlier they would have given me a bottle of water...

Finally the internet access is a rather stiff £10 per 24 hours (per device). For this I expect it to work. It didn't. I was refunded.

Breakfast was ok. I had pasta in the bar on one evening and it was fine.

This hotel is ideally located for the nearby business park, but a good 30 minutes from Nottingham city centre.

Room Tip: 401 (and I assume x01) is outside the lifts so you hear them ping all the time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Myself, my partner & some friends stayed at the Dokata hotel – it saddens me to say that I won’t be returning.
I feel that the majority of staff clearly require better training as they are unsure on how to do their job or they really can’t be bothered!
There were lots of little things which I feel the hotel could improve on, however my main areas for concern were as follows:
We ordered a £24 fillet steak & it had to be sent back 3 times because it still had blood in it & then the waitress was getting anoid with us & was quite rude to us because we didn’t think it was satisfactory. We should not have to send a £24 steak back 3 times – it should have been cooked to how we asked the first time.
Breakfast– it was late (fair enough they rang us to say they were running late), when it arrived some of the items we ordered were missing such as cereal & milk to drink with our hot beverages. I couldn’t eat the fruit because it looked so old & dried up & the actual quality of the cooked breakfast was extremely poor. I am extremely anoid that the hotel had the check to charge us a tray charge as the service & quality was bad!
I couldn’t have a shower in my room because the thermostat had gone & I could only get boiling hot water – reception in fairness did offer to let me use another room to shower however I declined it as our friends were next door & I thought I’d use their shower. I went to use their shower & theirs was cold, I could only get luke warm water at best. I didn’t bother contact reception again as I didn’t see the point. All four of us had showers at home.
When I complained during check out the girl said (she was very nice in fairness) that unfortunately her manager has had to go home for a family emergency so there is nothing she can do – that’s fair enough, these things happen, but why then is that persons responsibility’s not passed onto someone else who is on site to deal with

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous value as we had a Groupon. Staff were efficient and friendly and rooms were clean. Downside was no free wifi which made it difficult to stay in touch with home. Could have done with someone showing us to our room as it took us ages to find the kettle and the wardrobe as they are very well hidden. Also, would have been nice to have a porter to help with luggage or even told there was a trolley available (we found it by the lift after we had struggled in with our bags). Food was lovely, if not a little overpriced as were the drinks. Would stay again but would probably eat out to keep costs down.

• Stayed April 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed over at the beginning of March for a sales meeting. The first challenge I had was finding the place. It is signposted to a point but from the outside it is not apparent it is a hotel. Thoroughly enjoyed the bar lunch menu and particularly the shredded beef on a rye bread. The rooms were very quirky with the bathroom tiled in a black and white mosaic. The bed was very comfy and the room very quiet. It met the level of service and quality of room expected for the price we paid. Will probably use the hotel again when in the area and maybe for a lunch stop when heading down the M1.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Dakota Nottingham? Share your experiences!