“Great food, nice evening with friends service could b better” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
nottingham
“Great food, nice evening with friends service could b better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Went on sat as a group of 9 for a birthday .Drinks ordered and delivered quickly , however took ages for our orders to be taken. Poppadoms were served with one tray of pickles at first for 9???? Until we asked. Meals all came out and everyone enjoyed there's, but there was a bit of a mix up on ther ice meaning we had to wait a bit for the rest. Was delicious and tasted fresh and piping got. We were asked if we wanted more drinks, but they only served half of them meaning we had to ask again!
Meal was lovely and we enjoyed the evening and atmosphere good , but some improvements in the service would make it even better

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

nottingham
“FABULOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Went here on the recommendation of friends and we were not disappointed. The food was first class, the staff friendly, polite and efficient. The place was quite busy but we were not left waiting at any part of the night. Would certainly visit again in the near future.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wear a coat if you go here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had to keep coat on as was cold all the time we were there! service very slow an hour wait for our starters. Strange combinations of ingredients! Will not be going back!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Disastrous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Oh dear, what can I say about this so called Indian establishment. Well firstly we ordered drinks whilst looking at the menu, I ordered for my good lady a Rose wine and for myself a nice cold refreshing pint of Kingfisher Lager. The wine was the standard house wine which was ok, but what they did with the Lager was unforgivable. Not knowing that I was watching him, the bar-tender reached under the bar and brought out a two thirds full pint of Lager and topped it up from the pump. He placed the warm cloudy solution in front of me and started to walk away. At this point I sipped the solution, which indeed had the quality of warm, acidic orange juice. I called him back and questioned if he considered it was ok to serve a customer tepid Lager from behind the bar. He apologised and poured a fresh one. Well done, not too hard was it?. Maybe we should have heeded this warning sign, it didn't get better.
We ordered easy, standard food, Curry to be precise, surely for an Indian this should be easy, I do them at home, it's easy. The curry's came out, not a word was spoken by the waiter, he walked away. Now then, which one is the Balti and which is the Tikka Balti? Easiest way is to taste, yes?. No, they both tasted the same, bland and warm, not hot, warm. Oh well we're hungry and it's getting late to go elsewhere, 9.30pm..We were then brought the Rice bowls, a boiled rice and a Pilau rice. Both bowls were broken. Around the rims they had chips out of them the size of 5p coins. Not new breaks as they were dark and obviously old. I called the waiter over and again asked him if it was acceptable to serve food in damaged bowls that will be potentially harbouring all sorts of germs. He looked at me as though I had just insulted his elderly mother, said nothing and started to walk away, at this point I suggested that he throw both bowls in the bin and check the rest of the bowls in the kitchen. The manager was told of my complaints, apologised but offered no compensation or indeed explanation.
We have visited this establishment several time over the past 3 or 4 years and to be fair it has been ok. The management team seems to have changed, the staff have no clue how to either greet or treat customers.
Later in the evening we were talking with friend who also said they had recently had bad meals at this restaurant...AVOID....

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Extremely disappointing service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

After having a perfectly adequate meal my request for a coffee was met with a 'sorry we are closed now'. There were still other people in the restaurant and we had eaten quickly, partly due to gne fact the waiters were circling ensuring that we did! I have never ever had a meal and not been offered coffee or desert, let alone been refused it when I asked. How disappointing and now I understand why only 3 tables occupied in such a large restaurant on a Saturday night. Shocking!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2013