“Good value friendly and a real find” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #198 of 1,145 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: English, Italian, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Family Bar and Grill, fresh home cooked food, sourcing local produce from local suppliers.
London, United Kingdom
“Good value friendly and a real find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Enjoyed this immensley, Good leaf tea interesting choices (not tea bags) served as it should be in china tea pots and china cups and saucers. Good attentive and friendly staff I shall definitely go again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Watford, United Kingdom
“Very good find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

It was difficult to find but glad we did. An old fashioned tea shop with friendly owners. Tea in china cups and leaves not a 'bag'.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and Unsatisfying”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My fiancé and I happened upon this tea room after seeing a sign for the White Rabbit Tea Rooms but as this was very busy we kept walking and found this place. It had cakes in the window (all be it not very well presented) and that’s what we had a craving for so we went inside. I was intending on just getting some cake to go but was jumped upon by the owner who sat us at a table and I thought, fine we can have a rest after walking for a while. He took us to a small table in the middle of the room next to two big tables having afternoon tea (which looked great with lovely small cakes etc).

We looked at the menu and saw the really expensive cakes but didn’t have a choice about having them as we were sat down anyway. I’m a big cake person but found that only 2 appealed to me on the extensive list. My fiancé and I both decided on the victoria sponge and I asked for a small hot chocolate. The hot chocolate arrived in an unappealing half pint glass with no cream, which comes as standard in all other team rooms I’ve been in. We had average sized portions of cake which had obviously just come out of the fridge meaning the cream was super cold and ruined the taste of the cake anyway. I must say it was in my list of worst victoria sponges I’d ever tasted. It didn’t have any real taste to it, the sponge was bland and the cream was super cold.

We ate it and went to the till to pay and found we got over charged to top it all. £13 instead of £10 but we just wanted to get out of there by that stage after being badgered by the owner. We left not only feeling unsatisfied but also ripped off.

I’m sure it’s a lovely place if you want to have afternoon tea, but don’t go there if you don’t like garish decorations and being badgered by staff or below average cakes.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
North Yorkshire, England
“Believe the hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Wow, what a find. I came here with my Chinese friend wanting to impress her with a traditional afternoon tea, and we certainly weren't disappointed. The staff welcomed us as if we were friends, and were attentive and chatty and made us feel at home straight away. We went for the Kate Middleton high tea - £25 for two people but excellent value for money. Whilst we were waiting for it to arrive, we were brought a complimentary plate of pate and baguette - as 'Kate Middleton takes a little while to get ready' - then the high tea itself included a hot fresh scone each with cream, jam and butter, finger sandwiches (salmon, cucumber, ham and egg mayo), a selection of little cakes, a cupcake each, biscuits and even a mini cheesecake! Yes - it was as ridiculous a quantity as it sounds but was beautiful and we took the leftovers home in a doggy bag! The tea was served in a gorgeous tea set too which was sweet.

All in all, I would thoroughly recommend this as one to impress a friend, and I would suggest that 3-4 people could easily get by on this feast!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“an evening out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

A great place with great hosts. Ive been twice now and on both occassions enjoyed great food and excellent service. If your after something a little different in nottingham then this is a great place to try. I myself will be back for more cakes, time and time again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere