“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jamie's Italian, Nottingham

Jamie's Italian, Nottingham
24-26 Low Pavement, Nottingham NG1 7DL, England (Formerly Jamie Oliver's Restaurant Nottingham)
0115 822 1421
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #384 of 1,150 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Serving temptingly fresh and flavoursome creations from world-famous chef Jamie Oliver, Jamie's Italian evokes the vibrancy and passion embedded in traditional Italian cooking and culture. A homely neighbourhood vibe is inspired by the rustic and relaxed ambience of the 'Italian table', with delicious flavours from the menu including truffled turkey Milanese, or a colourful seaside risotto.
uk
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Food was nice cocktails were very nicely made restaurant setting was very nice too but the steps to ladies a bit steep

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Derby, United Kingdom
“Birthday party treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Went there for friends' daughter's birthday party. On the whole the service was very attentive and the food good. We all had a great time partly because of the company. Personally, I would choose an independent Italian restaurant but understand why my friends go there a lot :)

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Tried it.... But would I go back?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Went with a friend with an Amazon local voucher offer... Jamie's had phoned to confirm the booking and confirmed by email. When I got there I needed the voucher code which wasn't on their confirmation email and, if I hadn't had the information on my iPhone; we would have been turned away. The building is beautiful and the toilets downstairs are a must see. Unfortunately the single 'shared' toilet upstairs smelt of stale urine and, unfortunately for a pricey menu it was a put off. The food was beautifully cooked and presented but, far too much salt on the sea bass, the potatoes and all vegetables. I have just been diagnosed with high blood pressure so, will I go back... Probably not!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Some menu choices good, some not so.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Took my sister for her birthday, We shared a starter which was very good and for main she chose a pasta dish which was pretty good and she enjoyed it. I chose a veal schnitzel type dish which had a fried egg ontop - it wasn't good atall, bland and dry lacking any taste whatsoever. Sister agreed with me. The staff were friendly and efficient, the restaurant was jolly and lively so apart from my disappointing choice, it was not too bad.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“speedy service, lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

we booked for Jamie's prior to a show at the capital arena (5 mins walk away). We were 40 mins late, and the staff were great at getting us watered and fed before the start of the show.

the food was as advertised. my lasagne was perhaps slightly watery, but I suspect that is more down to my own preference, through years of eating mass produced rubbish.

the setting of the restaurant is a lovely old building.