“Second Visit and just as good!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jamie's Italian, Nottingham

Jamie's Italian, Nottingham
24-26 Low Pavement, Nottingham NG1 7DL, England (Formerly Jamie Oliver's Restaurant Nottingham)
0115 822 1421
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #386 of 1,146 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Serving temptingly fresh and flavoursome creations from world-famous chef Jamie Oliver, Jamie's Italian evokes the vibrancy and passion embedded in traditional Italian cooking and culture. A homely neighbourhood vibe is inspired by the rustic and relaxed ambience of the 'Italian table', with delicious flavours from the menu including truffled turkey Milanese, or a colourful seaside risotto.
derby
“Second Visit and just as good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went in for a bit of lunch on Sunday.
We had the sharing plater for 2 which was really good value for money at £15pp and all the dishes were really tasty. My favourite was the garlic risotto.

The service was prompt and professional and our waiter Chris was a great laugh and helped recommend some delicious wine.

Will definitely be returning...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very poor today”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Went in for a meal today at 12:30pm, the waiter showed us to our table and then started to tell us the food that wasn't available. It would have been easier and quicker to say what was available, food was ok not as good as previous visits.

Choosing desert and the same experience, not a lot to choose from, we asked why? Wondering if a delivery had bee missed to be told that we were too early and they were now offering the full menu, erm excuse me?!

Anyway we asked for the bill and there was a £10 service charge, what service today was shocking so we said we wouldn't pay this, waiter got a proper hump about this and thrust the card back at us and didn't say anything else to us on the way out.

Have been before and service was ok and staff much better, not sure why they said we were too early, if your open then why not have everything available, it's supposed to be cooked to order so shouldn't be a problem, but this visit seemed like we were an inconvenience.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“slightly disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were upstairs -no atmosphere it was lively in other rooms, we felt like billy no mates.The food was good but slightly changed from the menu.The staff were attentive but discreet

Visited December 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“OK but you're paying for the name”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Jamie's a while ago now but as I am new to Trip advisor I thought I would share my thoughts. As my title says you pay for the name. Firstly, let me begin by saying that the drink beforehand was probably the best part of our evening. It was not cheap but not ludicrous and the bar staff were attentive and the selection of alcohol was really good.

For our meals we shared a a plank of cured meats for our starter which was actually really good, we both enjoyed this and we thought we were in for a good night. However, I chose the rump steak for my main course, which having looked at the latest menu doesn't appear to be served still. Nevertheless, it was £17 for an extremely average cut of meat and a little rocket. It was edible, it was OK but at £17 for a rump cut I expect much more than that. Sides had to be ordered separately which fuelled the bill further and so it ended up being very costly for what it was. My girlfriend had 'Jamie's Italian Burger' which to be fair was better than my steak. Again, no sides came with this at £11. How good can a burger really be Jamie? Not that good.

Service was OK, it wasn't that the waitress was inattentive because she wasn't, but rather that staff were scarce, there were nowhere near enough staff for the amount of customers and this meant that service suffered.

I'll be honest, Jamie's is nothing more than a money making machine that unfortunately will remain as such as his name is attached to it. All in all the experience was enough to make me not go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“The WORST Italian ever - trust an Italian!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went to Jamie's since a lot of friends said "it is worth it a try!". Okay, I am Italian and actually not that keen to go to Italian restaurants abroad.
But this is was just TERRIBLE.
I ordered a "Pasta alla Norma".
When you say "pasta", you mean everything and nothing at the same time.
So, I asked "which pasta are you cooking, hopefully penne?" - as they are the very common type of pasta for this recipe.
The waiter replied "we don't have penne here, we can cook spaghetti".
I thought by myself "no penne in an Italian restaurant ??" .. then said "okay, spaghetti is fine".

But here's the interesting bit which hugely increased my disappointment: the spaghetti were literally GLUED together !!! and they tasted very bad !

So, please, do yourself a favor: DON'T GO to Jamie's. Trust an Italian.
Italian restaurants are something COMPLETELY different and better !!!!

• Visited January 2013