“I've had worse nights, but not that I've had to pay for...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Nottingham City Centre

You added Holiday Inn Express Nottingham City Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Nottingham City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Chapel Bar | Maid Marian Way, Nottingham NG1 6JS, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #40 of 57 Hotels in Nottingham
Reigate, United Kingdom
“I've had worse nights, but not that I've had to pay for...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

A truly, truly awful hotel that is an embarrassment to the Holiday Inn and IHG stable... Dirty, smelly, unkept, unable to check-in at 22:00 at night, poorly equipped rooms, noisy aircon, worst bed outside a far-eastern prison, worst towelling including far-eastern prisons... This hotel needs new everything, or shutting down.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nottingham City Centre, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear DragonInLondon,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

It is unfortunate that your experience was not what you expected and that there were several factors that impacted your visit. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the condition of your room and the disappointment our amenities have caused you. This is definitely not up to our standards as we always strive to deliver the highest level of service and provide the best accommodation possible. We deeply regret the poor experience you had during your stay.

It is our fullest intention to deliver exemplary service, as such, our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment and fulfill and meet our guests' needs. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously and your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades where possible. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Alfreton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is in the centre of Nottingham.The reception could have been more welcoming.The room was very average.The bed was so uncomfortable and we both rolled into the centre of the bed.The prices for the movies was very expensive.The breakfast was just acceptable no croissants, poor toaster,sausages were awful.I think the hotel is ready for a facelift and breakfast seriously needs looking at.

Room Tip: I would pick a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMDaysDerby, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nottingham City Centre, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as you have not left a name I cannot investigate the bed and if you would be so kind as to let me know which room you were in I will certainly look into the bed situation. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy our complimentary breakfast, however I have already placed an order for our new toaster, and I thank you for your comment.

It is never our intention that a guest should leave unhappy and I am sorry that you did so.
Kind regards
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel itself was what you would expect, clean, efficient and a good breakfast. However, the website does not mention that the car park is not theirs and is situated 100yds or so down the road. Also it is impossible to park legally outside the hotel - you have to drive on tot a pedestrianized zone through a very narrow gap and then reverse onto a very busy intersection. This is such important information that it must be made clear on the website.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our hotel and I am pleased that you found us to be clean and efficient, and that you enjoyed your breakfast. I have reviewed our website, it does state that it is the Euro Car Park which is in Upper Parliament Street, however I will be looking at the wording to make it clearer and Thank you for your constructive criticism.

Kind regards
lincs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for two nights stay 17/18 august 13. Found booking in was quick, The rooms were clean and beds comfy. We all had good nights sleep. The only noise was from the young lads returning from their night out( early morning), as they pass our door talking loudly, but this is not something the hotel can really do much about. Everyone of our party enjoyed their stay, We would gladly stay again. Lovely polite staff, plus a great little breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMDaysDerby, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nottingham City Centre, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am pleased you found us to be clean and comfortable. The staff were very pleased to read your comments and so hope you will stay with us again
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed with a friend for a shopping trip and night out, great location, room was good size, no bath but good shower cubical, wallpaper was peeling in places but had a good nights sleep, breakfast was basic but ok, would stay again as price and location were good

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room as they are larger, we had 413
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for y our very kind review and I am glad you enjoyed your time in Nottingham. I have to agree that our location is perfect for a visit to the city and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the future
Bedford, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed a few 2 nights. The staff were very helpful. The air conditioning didn't work so it was very hot, mentioned it to the staff and they gave us two fans were also willing to give us another room. I found the breakfasts luke warm. The house keeping staff never filled up the supply of coffee the next day in our room, just glad I had some with me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMDaysDerby, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nottingham City Centre, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and please accept my apologies for the problems we are experiencing with our Air Conditioning, we do have our engineers currently working on this and hope to have resolved the problems soon. I will most certainly speak with our Housekeeper in regard to your tea tray and Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Sincerely
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had the misfortune to stay one night at this so called hotel on Saturday night 3/8/13.Thr room was filthy with large black stains on the carpet (room 232).I also saw stain marks on the walls near the bed.
The windows were firmly shut,so there was no chance of fresh air getting in,and as a result the room smelt of stale air.
I don't think the hotel has a proper manager nor a good housekeeper who takes any pride in his or her job.
The only thing is going for it is the central location,otherwise is to be avoided at any cost.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMDaysDerby, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nottingham City Centre, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am so sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. The Head Housekeeper and I are currently working through the entire building room by room to ensure we improve our housekeeping and I do apologise for the carpet in your room. The Windows are triple glazed to stop outside noise - essential in a city centre hotel, but i appreciate your comments and I currently have engineers working on our air handling.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nottingham City Centre? Share your experiences!