“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Nottingham
Purley, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our review echoes 740383F. We had a Superior room which afforded excellent views and the quality of the furnishings in the room was very good. The room however was compact and it was not easy for two people to move around the room at the same time. There was no internet at all for our overnight stay which we were advised was down to BT. The evening was a particularly warm one so with no air con it was necessary to have the window open overnight and there was a fair amount of noise, but being in a city centre this is probably inevitable. Parking was tight and the car park is small but then parking in the centre of Nottingham is in our experience quite difficult. The breakfast food was good, but I would suggest an early sitting as it takes place in the bar area which is not large.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the size of your room - we do take all constructive feedback on board and any workable suggestions for improvement are discussed at our regular meetings. I can only apologise for the internet problems - we are in constant contact with them and have been assured that they will sort this problem out quickly.Tim Hart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Positives: view was stunning, location downtown, comfortable bed, and the staff very courteous.
Negatives: No signs, tight parking, poor room design & furnishings, poor internet, louder than expected. Caution on the slippery tubs: you need to step up in the UK, even on newer buildings, and their tubs are clean, smooth & slippery. Left hobbling with a wrenched knee.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

A short walk from the City Centre (although at the top of a reasonably steep largely cobbled hill), this modern hotel provides a friendly welcome on arrival. The room was not large and would possibly have been a little cramped for two people trying to get dressed at the same time, but the bed was comfortable.
Good powerful shower. Well laid out bathroom.
Iron and ironing board arrived within minutes of being requested. Both were a little tired looking.
Good breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago and had a vey enjoyable break. The staff are very pleasant and helpful.
The hotel is located amongst some fantastic buildings and despite the modern appearance of the hotel it works. The City centre is about a 2 mins walk away but far enough to avoid the noise.
We ate in the hotel restaurant which was a very enjoyable experience, Jo ordered the lobster cocktail which was gorgeous!
If visiting Nottingham then this place is well worth a visit.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had high expectations for Harts Hotel having read other reviews, unfortunately I had an awful nights sleep. Starting with positives; I was given room 24 which was quite large, massive bed, and a clean bathroom. Check in was really fast and friendly.

For a 4* hotel there are a few things that detracted from my stay. The hotel is hidden away with no obvious signage from the road; just a plaque on the wall outside would help. The floor layout is quite confusing with the reception on floor C, then an exit on G, and rooms numbered seemingly randomly. Room 24 was on the first floor but 25 is on the second. Simple change would be to align the room numbers with the floor numbers. The furniture in the room was starting to show signs of wear and tear which I would have expected to have been remedied. The room had no iron or ironing board. The worst part of my stay however was the noise. Room 24 had possibly the least sound proofing of any hotel I've ever stayed in. I think that the room is above the hotel bar; I could hear the hotel bar music and the guests enjoying themselves until 1:30am. Then just as I managed to go to sleep a very animated loud discussion occurred outside in the car park for about 30 minutes. Obviously this isn't the hotels fault, but the fact that I could hear it all with the windows firmly shut just shows how poorly soundproofed the room is! Finally, I could also hear the guests in the rooms either side. I had about 4 hours sleep eventually.

I really hope that it's just this room that suffers from these problems as it's actually a nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate all constructive feedback and any workable suggestions for improvement are discussed further at our regular meetings. We built the hotel with soundproofing in mind with massive masonry walls, solid doors etc. and I am sorry that you were disturbed on this occasion. Tim Hart
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Although not huge, our room had everything we could possibly want, a very comfortable bed and pillows that didn't give me a crick in the neck. And the en suite did not let it down either with one of the biggest baths we have ever come across, plus shower over and White Company toiletries. Also, our room overlooked the gardens at the back and delightful view.
My continental breakfast was rather ordinary, but my husband said the sausages were excellent. The breakfast room was very small and crowded. As breakfast is billed separately one could eat elsewhere as the hotel is a short walk from Nottingham City centre through the very attractive Castle area.

Room Tip: At back overlooking garden for a nice relaxing view.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here foe 2 nights a couple of weeks ago
We stayed in a Superior double room which looked out over Nottingham and was very nice
The only slight problem was it was a little small, but for a short stay adequate
We could not get in for evening dinner, but we had drinks in the Bar on both nights, and the bar staff were all excellent
We had breakfast next morning it is self service which I personally prefer, and that was fine too.
We were able to park at the Hotel before we checked in also and went into town to do some shopping which was very good
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Nottingham

HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. I will pass on your comments to my staff - particularly in the Park Bar. I do hope that you choose to stay with us again. Tim hart

Been to Hart's Hotel? Share your experiences!