“Delightful spot in the middle of Nottingham” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Standard Hill | Park Row, Nottingham NG1 6FN, England   |
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Nottingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Troon, United Kingdom
“Delightful spot in the middle of Nottingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Quiet city centre location allowing open windows for ventilation. Good food served well in a pleasant restaurant. Breakfast usually in bar area which could be a bit cramped when hotel quite busy, although sometimes breakfast served in the restaurant which is better. Rooms small but comfortable. Some rooms with garden sitting area. Garden available of guests which is very pleasant on a good day. Wonderful views over the city, friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: The garden rooms have a lovely aspect, particularly when weather good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We are very proud of our beautiful and secluded garden - I will pass on your comments to the staff who work so hard to keep it tidy. Tim Hart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very good location for Nottingham city centre. I really liked the layout of the hotel as it wasn't the boring conventional type of place. Staff were excellent. Room that I had wasn't big, but quite sufficient for one night, and with a great view to the south of the city, which I didn't expect. I managed to get the last place in the car park - it's not very big, and that's something to consider. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Hart's - thank you for taking the time to post your review. Regarding parking - we guarantee that all hotel guests can park - although this may occasionally mean guests leave their keys at Reception. Tim Hart
Frankfurt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

In short, whoever is recruiting & training staff here is doing a very good job indeed.
Polite, helpful & friendly employees everywhere, and plenty of them.
Excellent food at our function.
Spotless room but a bit small for the price, hence one star off.
No draught beer at the (fairly priced) bar, but space was tight so I understand why.
A very good hotel made excellent by a well-trained & motivated staff.

• Stayed April 2013
HartsNottingham, General Manager at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. We firmly believe that great service is not just a skill but an attitude, and always look to recruit dedicated and passionate individuals who are keen to “go that extra mile”. Your thoughts will certainly be passed onto the team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Harts in the near future. Adam Worthington GM
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night as part of a wedding party. Although a modern hotel, it still had character and it was not too large or impersonal. Our bedroom was big enough, very comfortable, and had windows that actually open - now there's a treat for these days. So we slept like logs. At the wedding reception the staff were attentive and the food imaginative. For a city centre location it was surprisingly quiet. Well done.

Room Tip: Our room had good view over the city.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments - we really appreciate feedback of all sorts. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to both the restaurant and our Bar staff. Adam Worthington GM
Stocksbridge, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Harts is an enigma. There's a lot of good ideas here, but I'm afraid they just don't make up for the mistakes. First up, as you come out of the small car park at the back of the hotel, you step straight into the lift that takes you to reception. This hotel advertises as boutique - I don't expect the first "personal touch" I see to be sticky back plastic on the lift buttons. Seriously, very cheap, which is a massive shame because the rest of the hotel is impeccably appointed. When we got to reception we were told our room had been upgraded from standard to superior. A nice touch. We were then advised, by a receptionist who could most kindly be described as brusque, that there was an optional package upgrade, for £30 to include dinner, breakfast and parking. I was taken aback. The private car park I had just parked in was going to cost me £8.50 to park in, on top of the £125 I was already paying for my room? I checked and I definitely wasn't in the US, or staying in a city centre travel lodge with no car park of it's own - I'd definitely parked my car in the secure car park that belonged to the hotel. This appears cheap, and, along with the lack of an option to book breakfast and dinner as part of a package upfront, immediately has guests feeling the they are there as a cash machine for profiteering. This needs rethinking. I do not expect to pay a fee for parking my car when I am paying a premium for my room. Also, there appear to be some bed and breakfast options, but there was none for me when I booked for one night online - if you want to offer options, offer them all up front. Only offering the at reception feels like an attempted mugging. When we got to our room we were impressed. Beautifully appointed, with a great bathroom, and views over the city: my only question was the size, good for an upgrade, but I wouldn't have been pleased paying the money I did for anything smaller. Little touches are nice - CD player and Blue Ray/DVD both have media available at reception to borrow for no fee (though the Visual media could do with an upgrade!). Fresh milk in the fridge for your hot drinks, toiletries are decent quality. We didn't try the restaurant, which is meant to be superb, and may have gained another star. Basically, there's nothing wring with the Hart, as a hotel, but it needs to know what it wants to be. I expected little touches and individuality, what I got was a business focus and a sales pitch. Really not sure if I'd stay again: if I did I might leave the car at home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review- we will certainly take your comments on board.
Regarding the car parking facility and price - we do offer a secure and convenient place to park and feel that the charge is very competitive for a city centre hotel. Tim Hart
nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We checked in to Harts it is a local hotel to us and we would normally never stop as we only live 6 miles away. But we stayed as part of a theatre package.
We checked into a mini suite ( lounge , with on suite shower / toilet and master bedroom with on suite deluxe bathroom) The hotel is is very modern and bright and the bedroom is also very stylish with fantastic views over Nottingham.
The breakfast available was 1st class with top quality ingredients all served by extremely friendly staff.
The only drawback was the room was not very Clean there was hair and dirty footprints in the bathroom the wooden sideboard top had dirty coffee and water stains from previous guests and children had been in the room before as there were small sticky hand prints all over the floor to ceiling window.
We did mention this to the receptionist after we checked out the response was a little disappointing We would have normally given this hotel top marks but due to the lack of cleanliness of the room we could not do so.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HartsNottingham, General Manager at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I am saddened to learn of your experience of Harts Hotel and the cleanliness of your room. We do strive to do all we can to make each and every guest’s stay a memorable one, but have clearly fallen some way short of your expectations on this occasion. I will be working very hard with my team to try to avoid such occurrences in the future. I am however thrilled to hear of your experience of breakfast at the hotel, as we are extremely proud of our service delivery and offering. I will certainly pass on your praise to the team!
Adam Worthington GM
St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Warm welcome, clean well decorated room, and attentive bar service made for a very pleasurable business stay over. And the restaurant food is exceptional, the only place to stay in Nottingham. Keep it up guys!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments - we really appreciate feedback of all sorts. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to both the restaurant and our Bar staff. Tim Hart

Been to Hart's Hotel? Share your experiences!